Springsteen to play Hampden - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Springsteen to play Hampden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Playing the whole of the River double album? Don't go if that's not a favourite of yours!

An over-rated album in my opinion. People tend to rank it right up there with BTR and Darkness, but imo there are far too many weak songs that he put out on it simply to give him scope for a better live show. That said, there are some classics on the album and a single album would have been the way to go, with a secondary album perhaps for songs like Crush On You, Ramrod and Cadillac Ranch. Much like Human Touch and Lucky Town.

2 hours ago, deecie said:

Hampden is a terrible gig venue.

It is, but getting in the pit is the difference between it being a good and great show.

7 hours ago, Stapes said:

An over-rated album in my opinion. People tend to rank it right up there with BTR and Darkness, but imo there are far too many weak songs that he put out on it simply to give him scope for a better live show. That said, there are some classics on the album and a single album would have been the way to go, with a secondary album perhaps for songs like Crush On You, Ramrod and Cadillac Ranch. Much like Human Touch and Lucky Town.

If The River album was a person it'd be diagnosed with manic depression - the swings from wild optimism to introspection are pronounced.

15 minutes ago, neilser said:

I quite fancied taking in a show in Europe for this tour. A pilgrimage to the Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg appeals on several levels - the tickets for the Scandinavian gigs also go on sale this Thursday

Did the Ullevi (Night #2) on the Wrecking Ball tour.

Best show I've ever seen! Thought Gothenburg was a bit pish though. If you do go, if recommend book on accommodation early, it was so bad when I went that I stayed in Reading, which is rather far away!

38 minutes ago, deecie said:

Did the Ullevi (Night #2) on the Wrecking Ball tour.

Best show I've ever seen! Thought Gothenburg was a bit pish though. If you do go, if recommend book on accommodation early, it was so bad when I went that I stayed in Reading, which is rather far away!

Cheers - remains to be seen if it all comes together...

The ideal trip for me would have been Helsinki - a lovely city in the summer and he plays it on most European tours.  I think he'll slot a few more dates in - there's nothing announced for Germany yet...

2 hours ago, neilser said:

If The River album was a person it'd be diagnosed with manic depression - the swings from wild optimism to introspection are pronounced.

That's a decent analogy. It becomes even stranger when you consider that it lies between his two darkest albums - Darkness and Nebraska. But he has said it was purely to do with his stage show. He'd been recording similar type material for a couple of years, or playing cover songs like it in concert.

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Just got an email from the SECC titled:-

"Marvel Universe Live and Bruce Springsteen"

A bit of a step up from "Puppet Show and Spinal Tap" I suppose...

u thinking about getting tix?