Springsteen to play Hampden - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Springsteen to play Hampden

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Regenmann said:

NHS?

Usually its the St Andrews Ambulance or Red Cross that do these events, they charge a fee.same as the fitba, however it an ambulance is needed the NHS come along, as they would for anyone who collapsed anywhere...anytime.

1 hour ago, Flora MaDonald said:

Cheers, lads. Still not 100%, bloody scary stuff. Absolutely gutted I missed it. On the plus side, when I came round it was like a dream hearing that. I see folk are saying Bruce had the cold and his voice was off - is that right?

His voice was dodgy at times, a couple of times I wondered if it was his age.

in reply to Stocky's point about the acoustic closer. It's become a thing on the last two tours. It was almost certain he'd close with Thunder Road or This Hard Land. Given he'd already played TR ...

Check Brucebase for tour info. Great website.

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Some folk seem to treat big gigs as a chance to take a day off and get absolutely sozzled.  When I lived along the road from Hampden I would take a wander out to listen to the odd gig for a bit from outside. I mind when the Stones played, there were folk still piling into Hampden steaming when the show was half over, plenty more being ejected blootered.

Never understood why you'd pay a wad for a ticket only to remember virtually nothing of the event!  

Compare that to the boss himself. He's a pinup for clean living, he looks better than me and I'm 40 years younger :lol:

16 hours ago, Stapes said:

Kids nowadays lol. In my day my gran was always telling me to cover up as I'd go everywhere in a t-shirt.

I woulda told my gran where to go in this heat.......thats a lie, i would try ti politley play it off

14 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

To be honest it sounds like you were being provoked.  I'd have sorted them out with a stirring rendition of the Billy Boys and then stole one of their weans! :ph34r:

?? Bruce didnt know the sash when he asked

12 hours ago, neilser said:

I managed to get away from Hampden having only bought a  t-shirt and a programme - was swithering over a £50 black hoodie with the River tour written down each sleeve and on the breast but better judgement prevailed when I realised its sole effect would be to make its wearer look like a total sad case.

A couple of guys with me bought £20 Born in the USA baby vests for their babies  - I also noticed a replica of the black and white checked shirt Bruce wears on the  River album cover for £50 (looked like the sort of thing you'd get in Matalan for £9.99).

Ker ching!

Jesus, people could make these items themselves cheaper, i dont get buying a shitey tour tshirt etc, 25 quid. Away to