1925 Ryanair flight from Stansted on Tuesday 22nd March - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1925 Ryanair flight from Stansted on Tuesday 22nd March

Cardiff Thistle,

I have been having a dilemma as to whether to go that night or the next morning as it's my lad's 14th birthday on the 22nd. However I think bribery has won out!!!

Will confirm when booked (tonight or tomorrow). We live 40 minutes from Stansted so works well. I travel a bit with the TA but this is my first lone footsoldier trip as pals cant get off work so good to meet up for beer. Are you travelling kilted ?

Cheers,

• 1 month later...

Hello WeeJohmny (if on this flight?) and anybody else interested reading this...!

Wee bit delayed and last minute reply... But I'll be at Stansted 3.30ish tomorrow afternoon after 5 and bit hours on the train from Cardiff :-( 

Anyway, hope to get through security relatively quickly and be at the bar (Wetherspoons) by 4ish? Although I know security at Stansted can be testing. No kilt for this trip sadly, so I'll be the lone ale drinker with no kilt B)

Cheers

Cardiff Thistle/others - I wont get there until 5.45 ish..

I'm taking the kilt but no wearing it travelling. I'll have Scotland top on and regulation jeans.

Not sure the last time you were at Stansted but it was all done up last year - I cannae remember if they moved the Weatherspoons but I'll look out for you as there's bound to be one there. 

I'm 45 minutes awa from the airport and no 5 hours ! - I hope you've got plenty of tinnies in for your train journey ! I'm having a beer or two before I leave so I wont be playing catch up !

I have a taxi booked to the centre (see different thread re transfers) if you want to cadge a free lift at the other side.

Name's Johnny - typo on user name as signed up to the board after a few bevvies - eejit that I am.!

2 hours ago, WeeJohmny said:

Not sure the last time you were at Stansted but it was all done up last year - I cannae remember if they moved the Weatherspoons but I'll look out for you as there's bound to be one there. 

They did move it - it is now quite a distance from security. I really dislike Stansted's new layout. It is just a long shameless walk of in your face BUY! BUY! BUY!

The other bars are usually quieter.