Quiz ideas - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I ran an SNP quiz for St. Andrew's day and had 6 rounds of 15 questions. So that the rounds weren't all just standard questions I thought I would do something slightly different for the movie round. I gave them the name of a film as it was know in another country and they had to say what it was called here. Thought it would also be good as everyone could at least have a guess at them.

For example in France the film was called American Bluff, here the Film was called American Hustle. In Portugal the film was called Return to the Future. What was it called here? Back to the Future.

Everyone seemed to love that round the most by far. I have another one coming up and am trying to think of some ideas for a different slant on a round that might be a bit fun as well. Anyone have any ideas?

For thsoe that are interested here are the 15 questions from the film round. No googling as that is where I got the questions from!

1. In France it was called Mom I missed the plane. What was it called here?

2. In Poland the film was called Electronic Murderer. What was it called here?

3. In The Czech Republic it was called Santa is a pervert. What was it called here?

4. In Israel it was called It’s raining Falafel. What was it called here?

5. In Spain it was called Knight of the night. What was it called here?

6. In France it was called The Teeth of the Sea. What was it called here? 

7. In Thailand the film was called Zany son-in-law, Zippy Grandkids, Sour Father-in-law. What was it called here?

8. In China the film was called; I will marry a prostitute to save money. What was is called here?

9. In France the film was called A Very bad Trip. What was it called here?

10. In Argentina the film was called Vasaline. What was it called here?

11. In Israel the film was called Love in the Sky. What was it called here?

12. In Denmark the film was called The Boy who drowned in Chocolate. What was it called here?

13. In China the film was called American Virgin Man. What was it called here?

14. In China the film was called He’s a Ghost. What was it called here?

15. In China it was called Western Department of Memories. What was it called here?

1. In France it was called Mom I missed the plane. What was it called here?  The Cannonball run

2. In Poland the film was called Electronic Murderer. What was it called here? Ice Station Zebra

3. In The Czech Republic it was called Santa is a pervert. What was it called here? Titanic

4. In Israel it was called It’s raining Falafel. What was it called here? The Sound of Music

5. In Spain it was called Knight of the night. What was it called here? The Life Of Brian

6. In France it was called The Teeth of the Sea. What was it called here? Rambo

7. In Thailand the film was called Zany son-in-law, Zippy Grandkids, Sour Father-in-law. What was it called here? American Pie

8. In China the film was called; I will marry a prostitute to save money. What was is called here? Airplane

9. In France the film was called A Very bad Trip. What was it called here? Airplane 2

10. In Argentina the film was called Vasaline. What was it called here? The Wizard of Oz

11. In Israel the film was called Love in the Sky. What was it called here?  The Great Escape

12. In Denmark the film was called The Boy who drowned in Chocolate. What was it called here?  ET

13. In China the film was called American Virgin Man. What was it called here? The Last Picture Show

14. In China the film was called He’s a Ghost. What was it called here? Appllo13

15. In China it was called Western Department of Memories. What was it called here?Midnight Cowboy

1 hour ago, iainmac1 said:

I ran an SNP quiz for St. Andrew's day and had 6 rounds of 15 questions. So that the rounds weren't all just standard questions I thought I would do something slightly different for the movie round. I gave them the name of a film as it was know in another country and they had to say what it was called here. Thought it would also be good as everyone could at least have a guess at them.

For example in France the film was called American Bluff, here the Film was called American Hustle. In Portugal the film was called Return to the Future. What was it called here? Back to the Future.

Everyone seemed to love that round the most by far. I have another one coming up and am trying to think of some ideas for a different slant on a round that might be a bit fun as well. Anyone have any ideas?

For thsoe that are interested here are the 15 questions from the film round. No googling as that is where I got the questions from!

1. In France it was called Mom I missed the plane. What was it called here?

Home Alone

2. In Poland the film was called Electronic Murderer. What was it called here?

3. In The Czech Republic it was called Santa is a pervert. What was it called here?

Bad Santa

4. In Israel it was called It’s raining Falafel. What was it called here?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. (I know the language)  

5. In Spain it was called Knight of the night. What was it called here?

6. In France it was called The Teeth of the Sea. What was it called here? 

7. In Thailand the film was called Zany son-in-law, Zippy Grandkids, Sour Father-in-law. What was it called here?

Meet the Fockers

8. In China the film was called; I will marry a prostitute to save money. What was is called here?

Pretty Woman

9. In France the film was called A Very bad Trip. What was it called here?

Scotland vs Czech Republic 

10. In Argentina the film was called Vasaline. What was it called here?

11. In Israel the film was called Love in the Sky. What was it called here?

Love in the Skies? Topgun. 

12. In Denmark the film was called The Boy who drowned in Chocolate. What was it called here?

13. In China the film was called American Virgin Man. What was it called here?

40 year old virgin.

14. In China the film was called He’s a Ghost. What was it called here?

Ghost

15. In China it was called Western Department of Memories. What was it called here?

On 21/02/2016 at 0:22 AM, G-Man said:

9 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

1. Home Alone

2. Terminator 

3. Bad Santa 

4. Cloudy with a a chance of meatballs 

5. The Dark Knight

6. Jaws 

7. Meet the Fockers

8. Pretty Woman

11. Top Gun

12.Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory 

13. American Pie 

14. Sixth Sense

On 21/02/2016 at 8:34 AM, fringo said:

Was 12 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?

Harsh iainmac1   !!!!

PS I never tried to quote you G-Man but I can't remove it.

On 21 February 2016 at 8:34 AM, fringo said:

Was 12 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ?

Ah ffs, I've already had a greet on here that I'm only quoted by Mindi and Orra when they're taking the p' iss, now you're saying I'm not even good enough to quote. I'll remember these insults on my 6 hour round trip to Edinburgh. :cry:

47 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Ah ffs, I've already had a greet on here that I'm only quoted by Mindi and Orra when they're taking the p' iss, now you're saying I'm not even good enough to quote. I'll remember these insults on my 6 hour round trip to Edinburgh. :cry:

:lol: