Favourite away stadium as a Scotland fan? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Favourite away stadium as a Scotland fan?

bonzo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, deecie said:

Pittodrie.

Warsaw. It's probably a better stadium than either Wembley or the Allianz.

Crackin stadium but both times we went there I was right up the top could huv done wae an oxygen bar up there :lol:

I preferred the old Wembley to the new one. You were closer together at the old stadium.  The new one felt like you were too spaced out and had too much room. Similar to the emerites. Almost like everyone had their own wee padded armchair there. Far prefer the older grounds where you are close together, less space. Helps with atmosphere.

Thought San Siro was great. As was Dortmund for atmosphere. 

I'm not a fan of all these new stadiums. I prefer the old terrace.  For me the Old Hampden will never be bettered but as a travelling Scotland fan then it has to be the Parc de Princes. A lovely old stadium in a great area with a fantastic atmosphere.  Oh and a great win.

Edited by Jagtag
Spelling

Was the Millennium Stadium up until a few years back, but Narodowy Stadium now.

Can not think of many small stadiums that I liked (most like Kaunas, Skonto Stadium, Tofta, Moldova etc were all dumps..... Celje was nice and Vaduz was pretty picturesque) 

27 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Fulham was a strangely enjoyable stadium.

Been to some of the greatest stadiums like san siro, Dortmund, amsterdam arena, Wembley, Parc de Prince, landsdowne road etc but I loved Fulham too the most, having a pint looking out at the river was enjoyable before the game, great old style ground.

The big one were all impressive, San Siro, Westfalenstadion, Warsaw, Emirates, Wembley.

I really liked the stadium in Oslo for atmosphere, and also for winning one of games 2-1, that helped a lot. 

800px-Br%C3%B8ndby_stadium_panorama.jpg

Edited by kumnio

Not my favourite but the one in Faro was alright.  I was front row of top tier and had a cracking view.  The Polish stadium, cracking view, atmosphere and looked awesome outside and in.

7 hours ago, Glasgowmancity said:

I liked Zagreb - the result probably helped though

I cant believe you liked this place.yes the result was great but the stadium was the weirdest ive been in.

Its a toss up between Warsaw and amsterdam for me with the dutch one shading it due to the escalators to take you to the top.