What was the first thing you ordered on the internet? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What was the first thing you ordered on the internet?

Was just listening to some music and 'masses against the classes' by the manics came on and I suddenly realised that was probably the first ever thing I ordered "on the net". It was the vinyl version of the single from HMV, way back when buying online was still considered mental because "computers". Eventhough people at that time were perfectly comfortable with reciting their cc number down the phone line to some random call centre worker...

Anyway, what was your first purchase?

Think mine was amazon orders of cds as well. Only thing i order online is cds/dvds, occasionally tickets for gigs.

americas least wanted - ugly kid joe

sugar, blood, sex, magic by the red hot chilli peppers.

Edited by daddybuc16

I ordered a thing called a slick lips. I got it ordered to this lassie pal's house as my parents would've questioned me to buggery about anything that came for me. The thing was braw. It was a rubber thing you slapped on your wanger and pumped air into it. If you closed your eyes it was like a good gobble. It was braw when I was young.

Edited by Ormond

11 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I've vague memories in the pre-Amazon days of finding some CDs on independent record shop on-line listings.Primitive payment systems though, I think I had to post a cheque to pay for an order once!

I'd forgotten that!

i posted a cheque to the person I bought off on eBay!

:lol:

From the week of the England play-off in 1999 (I mind because my mum was in hospital and I was down at the house making dad's tea) Johnnie Walker saying on his Radio 2 show that he'd discovered this amazing new website called "Google" which helped you find stuff.

First I'd heard of it, but fortunately I remembered the name because the next time I was online it was so much better already than any other search engines I'd used.

21 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Blink 182 - Cheshire cat cd

18 hours ago, Scunnered said:

:o

Snap!*  FFS, if you were doubting before that we're destined to be together surely all has been lifted!

* MXPX - Teenage Politics was in the same order.

I think my first online purchase was a lagwagon/nofx combo

Mind I bought blink 182 dude ranch CD round about the same time for about 18 quid in hmv. You could buy their entire back catalogue and still have change for a fish supper now