Gazza - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

18 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

This is kind of my point. I don't know of any bigotry perpetrated by Gazza other than the singing. Now admittedly that's bad enough but does that make him a bigot or a crowd pleasing fool?

I don't think someone with the issues Gazza has can be judged as you would any average guy in the street.

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So miming playing a flute is bigoted? What about actually playing one?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm not saying it was an innocent action. I also don't believe it was a bigoted action.

Gazza is not the brightest, I think we can all agree on that. I think he saw it as a wind up. Which to be fair, worked a treat for him. 

You've said he's a bigot and used the flute thing as an example. Is that and his pathetic singing the other night all there is?

Hardly Andy Goram class, is it?

Forgot to ask. Is playing the big bass drum bigoted too?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Making stuff up again? 

The OL are a total anachronism that should be done away with in the modern world. Sadly, however,  free speech comes with a price. 

People can say things that offend you and that's allowed unless it's illegal.

If you're offended by them then you do have a problem. They're the most pathetic people I've ever met and their beliefs are at best laughable. 

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So playing an instrument in an OL band makes you a bigot?

I'd say you don't understand the definition of the term then. 

I'm apologising for them? Can you read?

Just to utterly clear, I would like to see the OL banned. A sad institution that is a blight on this country. I'd also like to ban all of their band marches etc the world over. 

However the law of the land says we can't. We have to suffer them because they skate the line and mostly keep just the right side of it.

You seem to believe that because it offends you it should be banned. Tough. The world isn't yours to decide on.

You have said that the action of miming playing a flute is bigoted and I disagree. I think you're looking to be offended and it's quite sad.

Further up this thread you'll see the TA sang a song mocking Gazza's domestic abuse of his wife. I find that offensive. As I'm sure she would have. Yet you have said nothing about that. 

We're you offended by the anti-English chants at the recent games or the various other ditties sung by members of our own support or do you just not like Gazza? 

And again for clarity, I really don't like him. His footballing ability excuses nothing in my book.

Some top notch utter shite you've posted there, well done. 

The old "Gazza's just daft, he doesn't really mean it" is a belter of an apology for him being a scumbag. I'm sure he was just having a laugh with Sheryl playfighting too... 

The guy is a grade-A scumbag. You can make apologies for him because he was good at football and played for your team if you like. That only reflects poorly on you IMO. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Again, for the record, I am happy with free speech, I am not offended by OL bands in the slightest but that doesn't mean I can't think those who  are in them are bigots.

32 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Just to utterly clear, I would like to see the OL banned. A sad institution that is a blight on this country. I'd also like to ban all of their band marches etc the world over. 

You seem to believe that because it offends you it should be banned. Tough. The world isn't yours to decide on.

:lol::lol: You are either talking to yourself within the same reply or you are just a fantasist.

Renfrew, I was trying to reply to your comments on my mobile but pressed Report button as not used to new format!!  I quickly went back and never said anything so apologies if you get a row lol.  No I was agreeing with you though.  Aberdeen and Celtic will never like Gascoigne as he destroyed them on the park.  But I agree with comment about Rangers supporters sing sash at sash bash (shockeroonie).  On that pitch he was the best I have seen and I dont like myself for saying that after he scored that goal at Wembley.  But he is a Rangers hero and everyone entitled to opinion.  Like Best and Baxter I suppose.  Except no mobile phones in those days!!  Flawed football genius.  I think we can all agree on that.  Even Parkie, although I understand comments will admit he was a great footballer.  No excuses though, every man must take responsibility for actions.

39 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So playing an instrument in an OL band makes you a bigot?

I'd say you don't understand the definition of the term then. 

I'm apologising for them? Can you read?

However the law of the land says we can't. We have to suffer them because they skate the line and mostly keep just the right side of it.

You have said that the action of miming playing a flute is bigoted and I disagree. I think you're looking to be offended and it's quite sad.

Further up this thread you'll see the TA sang a song mocking Gazza's domestic abuse of his wife. I find that offensive. As I'm sure she would have. Yet you have said nothing about that. 

We're you offended by the anti-English chants at the recent games or the various other ditties sung by members of our own support or do you just not like Gazza? 

See you keep on coming out with all this "its legal" pish, it can be as legal as it wants, but in my book anyone singing/playing The Sash or Billy Boys is a bigot. I can fully understand why you wouldn't think that's the case, maybe we just view bigotry in different ways, your think these people just like the tunes possibly? And to be fair to the bigots, they do get the toes tapping.

You have this great talent of "thinking" for people. First Gazza, now me. I would suggest you stop "thinking" for people are you are pretty crap at it and are currently 0 for 2 on your "thinking" being correct.

I also notice you still can't tell me where I said Gazza was a bigot, well bypassed, but now you are making up more stuff  - "You have said that the action of miming playing a flute is bigoted", again I would love for you to point out exactly where I said that? For a man who accuses others of "making stuff up" you don't half do it yourself. A lot.

As for your last 2 sentences, classic Rangers whataboutery, dragging Scotland fans into it to try and muddy the waters....ohh look, they are as bad/worse than Gazza/us.....

I am going to do you a favour here and spell it out plain and simple for you. Hardly any songs offend me, whether they are about The Sash, Billy Boys, famine, people beating up their wives, the Provos, the English, shagging sheep, big Jock knowing or whatever else football fans choose to sing. None of these are probably acceptable or needed in a footballing context but they certainly don't offend me personally. I look forward to you making up some more shit in response to that.

18 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'd suggest Brian Laudrup did as much to damage Aberdeen and Celtic on the park than Gazza did, yet he doesn't appear to attract anything like the same amount of dislike.

I wonder why that might be...

Probably because he's not a wife beating, bigoted cretin... 

8 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'd suggest Brian Laudrup did as much to damage Aberdeen and Celtic on the park than Gazza did, yet he doesn't appear to attract anything like the same amount of dislike.

Aye, he was second best player but like comparing apples and peaches Cove.

38 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Aye but what instrument did Laudrup play?! I would have him down as a banjo or ukulele player.

Am I right in saying that Gazza didn't know what the flute playing impression was all about the first time he done it in the friendly but did know the implications it would cause when he done it again at Parkhead ? 

10 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Am I right in saying that Gazza didn't know what the flute playing impression was all about the first time he done it in the friendly but did know the implications it would cause when he done it again at Parkhead ? 

That's what he has said himself, yes.

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Then there is no excuses for that level of stupidity.

Did he not receive death threats etc after it aswell ? 

I think it's "banter".

I don't believe that anyone could be genuinely offended by someone playing an imaginary flute.

:lol:

19 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I think it's "banter".

I don't believe that anyone could be genuinely offended by someone playing an imaginary flute.

Death threats would've clearly just been a joke. A big joke like being a bigot. Or battering your wife. 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Death threats would've clearly just been a joke. A big joke like being a bigot. Or battering your wife. 

I don't think playing an imaginary flute to get a rise out of folk can be equated with death threats or wife-beating...

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Would impersonating a monkey to get a rise out of folk be ok in your book too?

In my eyes, these are very different things.

Perhaps growing up in the west of Scotland has blurred my view?

Or maybe folk are a bit precious?

He was playing the air flute FFS.

image.jpg

Edited by sbcmfc

On 26/02/2016 at 4:07 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Shame on the Huns for bringing a mentally ill guy out on stage to perform like a circus act for them. The guy comes across as a ##### most of the time but he clearly has some serious personal issues.

Reminds me of that wee Abdul who runs about with the SDL actually. A dafty who doesn't realise that he's being laughed at rather than with.

2 hours ago, phart said:

If he is ill he's just been exploited by folk who claim to love him.

Look at the mentality of your average Hun though? Gazza and a pile of Huns would be like the blind leading the blind.