How often do you wash your car - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How often do you wash your car

Our dug loves nothing better than sitting in the back seat with his head hanging out the window. I must admit it makes me laugh watching his slobbering face in the wing mirrors. However the back seat, although covered with a dog blanket, is full of dog hair and is filthy. I therefore get the car cleaned inside and out every 2-3 weeks or so. But it is only clean for a few days. The faces of the normally friendly Polish guys who run the business drop when I now approach - they must think I capture and kill yetis in my back seat. 

Edited by Return of Yermaw

Depends really.

Got a mini-valet the other day (£10 in Rutherglen), as it's a company car, and will be driving the boss around next week.

Probably get it cleaned every 6-8 weeks. Hoovered maybe 2-3 times a year. Should probably do that more, as I eat my lunch in it, get all the rubber cancer balls from football in it etc.

7 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

I honestly can't remember the last time.  I'd say it was about 6 years, and 4 cars ago.

A friend of mine worked for Mercedes, he got a new car every 3-4 months and was ordering cars 3 in  advance.

It was a standing joke that he got a new car when the old one got dirty.

Since when did cars need washing?

My neighbour washes all 3 cars on his drive religiously every weekend. Washes, polishes, waxes, hoovers. There's times I can head off to the pub, go to the football, come home & he's still at it. Total waste of breathing time.

I'd say mine gets hosed down & hoovered once every 6-9 months (usually when Mrs. Hudds starts complaining that it stinks), and I reckon that's pampering it.

55 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

My neighbour washes all 3 cars on his drive religiously every weekend. Washes, polishes, waxes, hoovers. There's times I can head off to the pub, go to the football, come home & he's still at it. Total waste of breathing time.

I'm more on your wavelength.

i value my time too much, you can go to a car wash and have a squad of Eastern Europeans do it in 20 minutes inside and out for a tenner.

Depends..... summer time once a week (depending on the weather).... winter time do not bother until the Mrs starts kicking up about it (and usually have to do it again the following week as it gets filthy again).

Most the time I just wait for the boss to clean his car at work when he gets one of the welding apprentices to do it on a Friday afternoon, so I just jump in and say "since you are washing the boss's......"