Nigel Lawson hopes Ireland realise their mistake - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Nigel Lawson hopes Ireland realise their mistake

It's reminiscent of the section of Cecil Rhodes' will that sets out how the whole world should be brought under British rule for its own good including his desire for "the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire".

It barely merits comment other than it shines a little bit of a light on what I think is the real mentality & thought of the public school elite that he represents.

14 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Brexit debate

I would be very happy f the Republic of Ireland – I don’t think it’s going to happen – were to say we made a mistake in getting independence in 1922, and come back within the United Kingdom. That would be great.

At least he is consistent - he thinks England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales should be one country.

But how many times do we hear of people who would swear Scottish nationalism was an evil divisive backward force, yet be delighted to celebrate celebrate Irish self determination (while looking down on nasty evil backward Ulster unionists)