Parking near Oran Mor - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Parking near Oran Mor

Stewart_Aberdeen

40 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Cheers, think that's the one I found when looking around the same time as posting.

Will try there first and if that's full I'm sure we'll find somewhere else.

There's also a pretty big car park up at Kelvinbridge underground.  It's about a 10 minute walk away but it's just straight along Great Western Rd so easy enough to get to.  Not sure what time it closes mind you.  Your other option would be street parking on the other side of GWR from Oran Mor as you head towards Queen Margaret Drive/Maryhill.  I'd imagine you'd be able to find something there easily enough.

44 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

There's also a pretty big car park up at Kelvinbridge underground.  It's about a 10 minute walk away but it's just straight along Great Western Rd so easy enough to get to.  Not sure what time it closes mind you.  Your other option would be street parking on the other side of GWR from Oran Mor as you head towards Queen Margaret Drive/Maryhill.  I'd imagine you'd be able to find something there easily enough.

Website says parking available during Subway opening times so might be worth a look as well.

Would that be the nearest station to Oran Mor for heading in to town?

1 hour ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Website says parking available during Subway opening times so might be worth a look as well.

Would that be the nearest station to Oran Mor for heading in to town?

Nearest station to Oran Mor is Hillhead which is right at Ashton Lane (5 min walk to Oran Mor).  If you can get parked in the Ashton Lane car park that's your best bet.

Edited by Fairbairn

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Nearest station to Oran Mor is Hillhead which is right at Ashton Lane.  If you can get parked in the Ashton Lane car park that's your best bet.

Cheers.

Pretty sure it'll be finished before or around 11pm so Kelvinbridge is fine if needed.

Will check out Ashton Lane first.

6 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Cheers.

Pretty sure it'll be finished before or around 11pm so Kelvinbridge is fine if needed.

Will check out Ashton Lane first.

Be careful in Ashton Lane car park. It was a couple of years ago when  I was pregnant but I parked in there for a hen night. I ended up with a ticket and a  fine. It appeared to be a pay to park till 6pm when I looked at the sign. I was there 7.30 ish to midnight. But in closer inspection post fine in very small print there was a £2 'overnight fee' that I had not seen. Obviously I would have paid it had I known. Hen night ended up costing me £50! It may be different again but I was so annoyed! 

Edited by laurataylordu