Dundee Utd comeback thread - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee Utd comeback thread

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea which Aberdeen will turn up tonight, the one with some good attacking players and a solid defence, or the one with 3 attackers playing hide and seek and 2 headless chickens at centre half. 

Massive game for both sides. After our recent struggles Utd will fancy their chances but we simply must take 3 points, or our season will likely fade away again. 

6 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

I'd expect Shay Logan to come back in to the starting XI tonight, but other than that, not sure what McInnes would change.

Not starting with Kenny McLean as a false nine would be a good shout... 

Brown

Logan  Taylor  Reynolds  Shinnie

Flood  Jack 

Pawlett McLean  McGinn

Church

Bit mischievous this thread! 2nd top v bottom of the league, and therefore Aberdeen are of course favourites to win the match.

A fortnight ago United were almost 100% relegated, and now have gave ourselves a glimmer of hope. I'm sure, even though there is all of a sudden a cause for a wee bit of optimism, most United fans will still have us as strong favourites to go down (granted could possibly change come 10pm tonight)

Logan comes back in of course but I would have Storie back in the team. Obviously it wont happen and Jack will play but i'd go with:

Brown

Logan / Reynolds / Taylor / Shinnie

Flood / Storie

McGinn / Maclean / Pawlett

Church

I'd say that's being generous to Taylor and Pawlett who I'd drop if we had anyone else we could realistically play in their place.

It looks like it could take around 40 points to be safe from the play-off.

If I'm a hibs/Falkirk etc.  fan, I'd rather be facing a Killie team in freefall, than a resurgent Dundee United.

Barring a spectacular collapse by another team, only Killie are going to be caught.

If Dundee United can get another 7+ points on the board pre-split, you never know, I thought they looked like they'd chucked it during the 'well game the other week, they could now be coming to fir park in a fortnight with a chance to go within 2 points of Kilmarnock!

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It looks like it could take around 40 points to be safe from the play-off.

If I'm a hibs/Falkirk etc.  fan, I'd rather be facing a Killie team in freefall, than a resurgent Dundee United.

Barring a spectacular collapse by another team, only Killie are going to be caught.

If Dundee United can get another 7+ points on the board pre-split, you never know, I thought they looked like they'd chucked it during the 'well game the other week, they could now be coming to fir park in a fortnight with a chance to go within 2 points of Kilmarnock!

I think Hamilton can and will be caught, 

They will be last or second last..