New Council Tax proposals - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Council Tax proposals

19 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You actually have no idea, thats another councillor who is a very good and well respected one at that ditching the snp and going as an independent up here,,, banff,, fraserburgh and peterhead will do well not to avoid a wipe out in may,,mark my words,, its dire,,, i have been warning mrs whiteford about this from before the EU referendum,, it now only seems to be sinking in with the party,,,,

yes, Loon. Go on, give some more anecdotal examples.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I love how he seemingly knows everyone in the North East intimately and by great coincidence they all hate the SNP .:lol:

Not at all,,not everyone hates the snp,, the only saving grace we will have is communities i away from the coast not related to the fishing,,my close social group and to an extent my family are mostly snp,,, but from such a strong position over the last 30 years the drop in support is staggering,,,i can put a bet on that the snp wont get above 25% of the council election vote,,

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not at all,,not everyone hates the snp,, the only saving grace we will have is communities i away from the coast not related to the fishing,,my close social group and to an extent my family are mostly snp,,, but from such a strong position over the last 30 years the drop in support is staggering,,,i can put a bet on that the snp wont get above 25% of the council election vote,,

Not quite sure of your ward but 25% 1st preference would not be a million miles away from last council elections. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeenshire_Council_election,_2012#Ward_results

And seeing that 20% Ish would see you with a seat in most cases under stv doubt it'll make a discernable difference. 

25 minutes ago, flumax said:

Not quite sure of your ward but 25% 1st preference would not be a million miles away from last council elections. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberdeenshire_Council_election,_2012#Ward_results

And seeing that 20% Ish would see you with a seat in most cases under stv doubt it'll make a discernable difference. 

The two with the highest percentage in troup and banff are know independent,,, this will be a disasterous council election for the area 

also we will be lucky to get 25% first choice altogether,, i hope im wrong, a bit depressing 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

12 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The two with the highest percentage in troup and banff are know independent,,, this will be a disasterous council election for the area 

also we will be lucky to get 25% first choice altogether,, i hope im wrong, a bit depressing 

we being the Tories. "hope i am wrong". "pains me to say" etc etc another year of this pish. oh joy. 

On 13/01/2017 at 10:19 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

How does local buisness rates work,, my employer is ranting on again how their buisness rates have risen by 153% due to the snp bad,,,and specifically blamed it on sturgeon which then indicates it is not a local matter, anyone familiar with buisness rates and how they are set? 

Nicola just gave a very good answer to this question in FMQs. How did you get Ruthie to ask the question for you? Have you got a hotline to Tory HQ?;)

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Nicola just gave a very good answer to this question in FMQs. How did you get Ruthie to ask the question for you? Have you got a hotline to Tory HQ?;)

Yes it was a good reply from nicola i just hope theres a bit of give , my employer was one that ruth the mooth mentioned,,,had we not been paying people off i would have zero sympathy for them but times are hard for my employer at the moment so heres hoping the can meet in the middle,,,,doesnt help the vocal hostility towards the snp by my employer,,, keep your enemies closer and all that

On 1/13/2017 at 10:19 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

How does local buisness rates work,, my employer is ranting on again how their buisness rates have risen by 153% due to the snp bad,,,and specifically blamed it on sturgeon which then indicates it is not a local matter, anyone familiar with buisness rates and how they are set? 

Maybe these links will help you and your employer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34546277

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34549816

https://www.mygov.scot/business-rates-guidance/

I don't know if the local rates are now set by the SG or the local authority via the local assessor as things have changed. 

Your boss maybe entitled to a rebate from the SG he obviously hates so much.

By all accounts Local authorities, unions and even the business community like the new system and all monies raised in the area stays in that area.

Seems that you've got a lot of educating to do in your community.

4 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes it was a good reply from nicola i just hope theres a bit of give , my employer was one that ruth the mooth mentioned,,,had we not been paying people off i would have zero sympathy for them but times are hard for my employer at the moment so heres hoping the can meet in the middle,,,,doesnt help the vocal hostility towards the snp by my employer,,, keep your enemies closer and all that

Is this yer man?  If times are tight maybe he should have reconsidered the 50 grand he gave to BT.

5 hours ago, antidote said:

Maybe these links will help you and your employer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34546277

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-34549816

https://www.mygov.scot/business-rates-guidance/

I don't know if the local rates are now set by the SG or the local authority via the local assessor as things have changed. 

Your boss maybe entitled to a rebate from the SG he obviously hates so much.

By all accounts Local authorities, unions and even the business community like the new system and all monies raised in the area stays in that area.

Seems that you've got a lot of educating to do in your community.

And so its official i am the last supporter of the snp in my family, how my dide(grandad)would be turning in his grave sad days, hoping from some hope from other regions as mines is fucxxcked await the #snp bad fok tamb# total opposite, , i want assurance

5 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

And so its official i am the last supporter of the snp in my family, how my dide(grandad)would be turning in his grave sad days, hoping from some hope from other regions as mines is fucxxcked await the #snp bad fok tamb# total opposite, , i want assurance

Eh?

Guest faircity
6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No. What you want is to be sober occasionally, then you would not come across as gibbering buffoon.  

8 hours ago, aaid said:

Is this yer man?  If times are tight maybe he should have reconsidered the 50 grand he gave to BT.

Charles Ritchie is an absolute arsehole, he told his apprentices to vote No or they would lose their jobs. There is a video somewhere online of debate which took place in the palace in Peterhead. He made a complete and utter arse of himself. He's nothing more than a greedy bag of shit.

9 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Sorry ignore the above drunken ramble ? i guess i was just wanting to hear that other parts of Scotland were not turning there backs on the snp,, this is gonna be a labour stule collapse here...

11 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Like your fisher friends want assurances now on what's looking increasingly like a betrayal from westminster government?

In all taxes there are winners and losers.

Over 100,000 small businesses in Scotland who pay less that £10k a year in business rates will now be exempt from paying any business tax at all.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Not council tax but with the slight differences in income tax north and south of the border,,where would co-worker i work with in the northsea pay there taxes, would they get english or Scottish income tax while working offshore? 

Where does he live?

Utter apoplexy from the unionist commentators at the Greens siding with the SNP. Although it wasn't exactly a United front,  Tories saying they were taxing too much, Labour too little.

Murdo Fraser seemed on the verge of meltdown with his derogatory comments towards the Greens, must've still been raging from the hammering the Queen's XI received last night...