Mother's Day....from the Bairn(s) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mother's Day....from the Bairn(s)

22 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Do you buy a gift from the Bairn, and if so, what you getting? 

Yes you do. If you think that you will be able to finish a week of nightshift on the sunday morning and take a wander up to the copie with said bairn about 9am for some flowers and a card then please be aware that this is criminally unacceptable and you will be ostracised by your partner for at least a week. 

Apparently the only sensible and PHUCING obvious plan to any reasonable father is to have it all sorted in advance so that a home made card (even a scribble on foldrd A4) and any gift at all, doesn't matter what it is and how much it costs, are ready to rock when the Mum wakes up. Anything else means you are an uncaring insensitive selfish disgrace of a husband and father. Apparently.

Not making that mistake again.

21 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Yes you do. If you think that you will be able to finish a week of nightshift on the sunday morning and take a wander up to the copie with said bairn about 9am for some flowers and a card then please be aware that this is criminally unacceptable and you will be ostracised by your partner for at least a week. 

Apparently the only sensible and PHUCING obvious plan to any reasonable father is to have it all sorted in advance so that a home made card (even a scribble on foldrd A4) and any gift at all, doesn't matter what it is and how much it costs, are ready to rock when the Mum wakes up. Anything else means you are an uncaring insensitive selfish disgrace of a husband and father. Apparently.

Not making that mistake again.

Was it cold and damp in the doghouse?  

Thanks for the reminder! We have a 1 year old son, turning 2 at the end of April and my gf is 36 weeks pregnant. 

What can I pick up I Tesco on Saturday morning...

We are making mothers day cards at school today.  Wonder if that with some flowers will cut it.

2 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Thanks for the reminder! We have a 1 year old son, turning 2 at the end of April and my gf is 36 weeks pregnant. 

What can I pick up I Tesco on Saturday morning...

We are making mothers day cards at school today.  Wonder if that with some flowers will cut it.

Yes, flowers will be perfect but try and get ones already in a vase or the wee boxed ones so she doesn't have to faff about putting them in a vase. Oh and none of those bunches of horrible blue or orange carnations. Daffodils are the most beautiful flowers so you could get 10 bunches (£10) and a vase for them? (This may be a personal thing though as I've managed to break every vase I've ever had and I don't like garish coloured flowers) 

45 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Currently going through the annual palava trying to find cards with Gran and Granny on them.  One year I'll learn and buy them online in advance...

FFS it's "Mother's Day" Not "Granny's day".

No wonder these companies keep on exploiting folk when folk are so keen to be exploited.:wacko:

4 hours ago, fishcumnock said:

10 fekkin pound ???     :(

For 10 bunches ya cheapskate! 

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Currently going through the annual palava trying to find cards with Gran and Granny on them.  One year I'll learn and buy them online in advance...

Away with you, you buy for your mum, wife buys for her mum and your children buy for their mum.

Unless of course you're from Paisley then I understand your dilemma, granny, auntie, sister, wife all the same thing. 

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

Away with you, you buy for your mum, wife buys for her mum and your children buy for their mum.

Unless of course you're from Paisley then I understand your dilemma, granny, auntie, sister, wife all the same thing. 

Actually we do stay in Paisley :lol:   Although the grandparents don't...

4 hours ago, G-Man said:

I was thinking Fife.:lol:

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

This is exactly what the kids are spending their pocket money on this week. 

They don't know it yet,but they will be,she's not my fukking mum :lol:

??

7 hours ago, Orraloon said:

FFS it's "Mother's Day" Not "Granny's day".

No wonder these companies keep on exploiting folk when folk are so keen to be exploited.:wacko:

Clearly the kind of guy who gets the dog and cat a card too ?

5 hours ago, G-Man said:

?

4 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Actually we do stay in Paisley :lol:   Although the grandparents don't...

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I was thinking Fife.:lol:

Funnily enough it was a toss up between Fife and Paisley. Due to your generosity Toepoke I thought it safe to assume you weren't a Paisly Buddie. :D