Trains

Dalgety Bay TA

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, ScotsRik said:

Hey Letherby

Your probably sorted and I am replying a bit late in the day but you can get direct train from CDG to Metz. It does include a bus from Lorraine, but it is not too much dearer and probably works out cheaper (and quicker) than waiting for train to Paris Nord etc. There seems to be one around an hour after your flight lands - 1 hr 10 mins train to Lorraine, then 30 minute bus journey to Metz - all included on one ticket. Should get you there at 2:40'ish. Probably time for a beer before the train.....you will certainly get one on the train.

Looking like around 39 euros single just now - not sure about returns, but then you will have more time and could consider the Metz - Paris Est - CDG option for this.

Bon voyage!

Cheers for the advice but already booked now through Paris Est. Got in early doors and trains were cheap as chips so I booked a cheap ticket for the later train to Metz too in case I missed the early one. I can call myself a harvester now.

On 03/03/2016 at 11:32 AM, Bristolhibby said:

Also, if you are over 60 you qualify as a senior.

I qualified (just!) and am booked on the 1340 from Paris 'Est' on Friday 3rd and back Sunday on 1157 to Paris = £60. Unfortunately these trains did not give a discount for over 60 :( but still a good price

We booked the Sat 10.29 train from Paris Est to Metz on the way. Means we have Fri in Paris rather than Metz. Then 8.56 return Sun as our hotel is right at the station and means time more Paris on the Sun too! I love Paris! £30 so happy enough  with that as the bus takes way longer! 

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 9:11 AM, j b lyons said:

I qualified (just!) and am booked on the 1340 from Paris 'Est' on Friday 3rd and back Sunday on 1157 to Paris = £60. Unfortunately these trains did not give a discount for over 60 :( but still a good price

Thought you'd chickened out of this trip?

Travelling from Newcastle via Eurostar - stopping off in London on Thursday night - so throught ticket from London to Metz on Friday -12.01 Eurostar - 16.40 from Paris Est to Metz - £57 single.

Eurostar not got fares up yet from Metz to Newcastle on the Sunday - should be around £90.

Doing the Eurostar route £130 all in fae London tae Metz.... 12.24 out and 08.56 back. 

£50 Paddy Scare Edin- Stanstead and £16 stanstead exp to Liverpool st 

Just need to re read about getting between stations in Gay Paris. 

Edited by Mark frae Crieff

On 08 March 2016 at 2:11 PM, Padre Andrew said:

Thought you'd chickened out of this trip?

Naw! Always going to this one, Eurostar from Ebbsfleet (20 minute drive from my home) - 2 hrs on train to Paris and then the 90 minutes to Metz. Too easy . . . . now Mark, that is a different story . . . did you say chicken? :spin:

See you there

• 1 month later...

l've been looking at the SNCF website for trains from Paris CDG to Metz & back.

It looks like it works out cheaper to get a train to one of the central Paris railway stations then to Metz from there. I've been trying to find out how frequent the trains are from the airport to central Paris & how much they are but getting quoted circa £50 prices via Lille etc. Can't be right, can anybody that's looked let me know how to look this up.

11 minutes ago, YORKIE PAM said:

l've been looking at the SNCF website for trains from Paris CDG to Metz & back.

It looks like it works out cheaper to get a train to one of the central Paris railway stations then to Metz from there. I've been trying to find out how frequent the trains are from the airport to central Paris & how much they are but getting quoted circa £50 prices via Lille etc. Can't be right, can anybody that's looked let me know how to look this up.

We are getting the RER from CDG to Nord, then Est to Metz.

8 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

We are getting the RER from CDG to Nord, then Est to Metz.

Yes that's what I want to do but get quoted silly times to get there & high prices.

Do you know how frequent they are, how long they take & how much they are?

2 minutes ago, YORKIE PAM said:

Yes that's what I want to do but get quoted silly times to get there & high prices.

Do you know how frequent they are, how long they take & how much they are?

We bought our Est to Metz tickets the day they went live. 118 euros rtn for 3 of us. By next day they had trebled. RER runs every 20mins I think.