eight motherwell "fans" arrested - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

eight motherwell "fans" arrested

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

I've seen more physical fighting at Scotland games between our own fans than I've ever seen between rival teams at club games.

Yarp.  Usually as a result of some "Av got pyoor hunners a points, am a real fan" type pish.

6 minutes ago, Scunnered said:

Yarp.  Usually as a result of some "Av got pyoor hunners a points, am a real fan" type pish.

Haha that wouldn't surprise me.

There was quite a few punches thrown just as we entered the gates in Dortmund that started over some referendum stuff. Then there was a mass brawl in the corner of the Jock Stein stand at the Ireland game too.

I put most of it down to alcohol with folk treating Scotland games as more of an "occasion" and sharing a terrace with people they probably see as "different" from them, despite the fact they're supporting the same team.

Complete ignorance to say club football is worse. That plays right into the police's agenda though, as Mox pointed out. They need something to justify their presence and to keep up the pretence that the offensive behaviour bill is justified. 

26 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

I've seen more physical fighting at Scotland games between our own fans than I've ever seen between rival teams at club games.

Absolutely and in my experience it's usually tanked up teuchtars that have been at the forefront of the vast majority of confrontations.

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hardly SI do some cracking pieces. 

Folk that brand somebody a ##### purely based on them wearing SI are simpletons. 

Noel Gallagher was wearing a cracking CP Company jacket at the Cup Final. My gran wears burberry. Neither are football hooligans. 

Each to their own, personally i think Stone Island is overpriced shite worn by neds. Heres a plain jumper with a stupid wee patch on the arm, thatll be £300

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Yawn 

Go to bed.

58 minutes ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Haha that wouldn't surprise me.

There was quite a few punches thrown just as we entered the gates in Dortmund that started over some referendum stuff. Then there was a mass brawl in the corner of the Jock Stein stand at the Ireland game too.

I put most of it down to alcohol with folk treating Scotland games as more of an "occasion" and sharing a terrace with people they probably see as "different" from them, despite the fact they're supporting the same team.

Complete ignorance to say club football is worse. That plays right into the police's agenda though, as Mox pointed out. They need something to justify their presence and to keep up the pretence that the offensive behaviour bill is justified. 

Mass brawl is a bit OTT, there were a few punches thrown between about 5 people.

1 hour ago, TartanJon said:

First kicking I got at the football was at Motherwell in 1986...Ear cut, nose burst but my gazelles were alright :spin:

If anybody has ever walked through Motherwell recently then they'll understand why their fans still think it's the 80s

Coming from Motherwell myself I'd say you're being kind with the 80's comparison. 

5 hours ago, Kirk said:

Dont wear stone island either....you will look like a #####

Too many people watch Green Street or the other football firm movies and get carried away thinking they are the next Danny Dyer.

Some Stone Island is no too bad to be fair :ph34r:

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

Too many people watch Green Street or the other football firm movies and get carried away thinking they are the next Danny Dyer.

Some Stone Island is no too bad to be fair :ph34r:

The first bit is very true. The second bit i just cant agree with haha.

51 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

All you are doing is portraying yourself as narrow-minded, and frankly a bit dim. 

But like you say, each to their own. 

The only folk ive seen or have known to wear it are football casual types and neds. Hardly narrow minded or dim. I appreciate not everyone that wears it will be, but id say a majority are.

5 hours ago, Scunnered said:

In all my years attending Killiemarnock games I can think of one occasion where I feared for my safety...  It was at Motherwell incidentally :lol:.  But can think of a number of occasions at Scotland games where I've seen bother.

Is that "one occasion" also not down to you putting that tshirt in the bin thanks to Heppy wearing it and more to do with what would happen when you got home, rather than at the football?

1 hour ago, Haggis McBasher said:

Can't be that dim if they can afford to spunk 300 quid on a jumper. Must be doing something right. 

Can you not use a tissue or a sock like the rest of us................oh sorry, I've read that wrong. 

2 hours ago, Alan said:

I remember reading on another board - that visiting Aberdeen in the 1980's involved getting chased down the street by 30 Bernard Langers.

Either that or the Val Doonican appreciation society.

4 hours ago, Kirk said:

The first bit is very true. The second bit i just cant agree with haha.

The only folk ive seen or have known to wear it are football casual types and neds. Hardly narrow minded or dim. I appreciate not everyone that wears it will be, but id say a majority are.

Your opinion is your own, and in fairness you have worded this post a bit differently. If that's your personal experience of it, fair enough but it sounds like something right out of the tabloids to me. You dont blame murders on Call of Duty and Resident Evil do you? :)

As has been said above, the biggest fuds ive encountered at football have been dressed in full highand regalia. And as SH says, we  as a support, are in clueless about the game. 

22 hours ago, dandydunn said:

There's a vital lesson to be learnt here. 

Dont fight when there's cctv about. 

And there speaks the voice of truth. 

Behave like a knob, you get treated like a knob. 

13 hours ago, Alan said:

Motherwell are struggling to complete the fans takeover by The Well Society. You post on Motherwell games yet don't go. No wonder people who make an effort feel they are hitting their head against a wall.

Was a season ticket holder for ten plus years in a row. Got board. Now do scotland trips home and away. 

Prefer them as you get to see different parts of Europe and they come around less frequent.

been abroad with motherwell. Just wasn't the same atmosphere in club football. More hostile.

Motherwell are still my team though.

last game I was at was the play-off. Nerve racking but great result over the two legs.

1 hour ago, Robroysboy said:

Was a season ticket holder for ten plus years in a row. Got board. Now do scotland trips home and away. 

Prefer them as you get to see different parts of Europe and they come around less frequent.

been abroad with motherwell. Just wasn't the same atmosphere in club football. More hostile.

Motherwell are still my team though.

last game I was at was the play-off. Nerve racking but great result over the two legs.

One trip away is worth one club season ticket. It's a sad way the support has went. All about city breaks but long term damage to national game and domestic club.