Moyes to Newcastle - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moyes to Newcastle

Just watched the highlights.

Newcastle were crap. 

McLaren honest enough to admit that the way they are playing, they will go down.

She-ra though is a hypocrite talking about how poor the whole set up is considering he relegated them himself ! 

10 hours ago, jock strap said:

Newcastle were crap. 

McLaren honest enough to admit that the way they are playing, they will go down.

She-ra though is a hypocrite talking about how poor the whole set up is considering he relegated them himself ! 

Think that's a bit harsh on Shearer.  He may have been manager when they were relegated but I doubt he was the sole reason for it.  Fair enough  he didn't keep them up and I don't think he's cut out to be a manager but I'd say even his short period in charge gives him useful insight into how things work behind the scenes at Newcastle if not on management in general.  His view seems to be that its impossible for any manager at Newcastle to be successful given the current setup.  I think he has a point.

McLaren was a  dreadful appointment by Fat Mike, trying to save a few quid again will possibly cost him big this season.

I reckon they are now in a dog fight with Allardyce with the last safe spot. Bad place to be.

How anyone could ever take McLaren seriously again after that interview where he spoke as if he was a dutch person speaking english as a foreign language - the guy is mentally not right in the head. No wonder the players at newcastle don't seem to be playing for him. I would glaze over the moment he opened his stupid fat gob. And don't get me started on his hair island... FFS can some one not tell him to get that sorted. If he is not sacked and replaced Newcastle are going down.

11 hours ago, jock strap said:

Newcastle were crap. 

That comment from mclaren can go one of two ways, it can either fire the players up to prove him wrong, or just be another dent to their confidence and finish the job. I thought them and sunderland would get relegated this year, but sunderland have started to turn things around while norwich are sinking fast. 

8 hours ago, thplinth said:

McLaren was a  dreadful appointment by Fat Mike, trying to save a few quid again will possibly cost him big this season.

I reckon they are now in a dog fight with Allardyce with the last safe spot. Bad place to be.

How anyone could ever take McLaren seriously again after that interview where he spoke as if he was a dutch person speaking english as a foreign language - the guy is mentally not right in the head. No wonder the players at newcastle don't seem to be playing for him. I would glaze over the moment he opened his stupid fat gob. And don't get me started on his hair island... FFS can some one not tell him to get that sorted. If he is not sacked and replaced Newcastle are going down.

Trying to save a few quid then lavshing money on players?

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Match made in heaven. A manager that's never won a major trophy managing a team that's not won a major trophy since God was a boy. Also if it means he stays clear of the Celtic job I'll be delighted.

I heard from a good source  at the weekend that Deila's contract will NOT be renewed in the summer and that the club are actively seeking a replacement.

10 minutes ago, slasher said:

I heard from a good source  at the weekend that Deila's contract will NOT be renewed in the summer and that the club are actively seeking a replacement.

I'd heard myself that he would see out the season and then he'll be  Offski.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

I'd heard myself that he would see out the season and then he'll be  Offski.

Surely you agree that he is not to the standard required to be a Celtic manager.

He has brought the team down in my opinion and some of his signings are laughable.

Seems a nice man away from the pitch and good luck to him in the future. 

Yip, the guy I heard it from doesn't give much away normally but he never Bullshits.

I think Moyes is pretty harshly judged by some. I mean, who could have followed Fergie? I give him credit for trying something different in Spain - he'll have learned a lot from that. I thought he did a terrific job for Everton and Preston.... it's not easy to keep these premiership chairman happy for any length of time!

2 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Surely you agree that he is not to the standard required to be a Celtic manager.

He has brought the team down in my opinion and some of his signings are laughable.

Seems a nice man away from the pitch and good luck to him in the future. 

As much as it pains me today it, I agree, he's not done enough to stay in the job beyond this season. 

Ive said numerous times that I believe he has very little say in who we sign, but it's job to make sure they are a decent team to watch even if the playing staff isn't up to scratch. 

In truth, there's probably only a handful of players in the current squad I would keep. I would love to see us get rid of the vast majority of the squad in the summer and have a complete overhaul, but I can't see it happening.

the problems stem from the very top of the club however but I don't expect Lawell et Al to acknowledge that never mind do anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Mox said:

As much as it pains me today it, I agree, he's not done enough to stay in the job beyond this season. 

Ive said numerous times that I believe he has very little say in who we sign, but it's job to make sure they are a decent team to watch even if the playing staff isn't up to scratch. 

In truth, there's probably only a handful of players in the current squad I would keep. I would love to see us get rid of the vast majority of the squad in the summer and have a complete overhaul, but I can't see it happening.

the problems stem from the very top of the club however but I don't expect Lawell et Al to acknowledge that never mind do anything about it.

It's true there is a transfer committee and Deila ain't on it but that's no excuse for the incompetence he's shown.

Moving forward this system could prove a major barrier recruiting a new manager. I can't see anyone who's operated at a good level putting up with it.