Davis Cup Tennis - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Davis Cup Tennis

irnbruman

Hope the Japanese guy takes out Andy Murray. Silence these embarrassing "BacktheBrits" w*nkers with their highly effeminate songs and union jack waving glee-type khoonts.

"I believe that we will  win". "Let's go Andy, let's go" -fook right off you knobs.

Edited by irnbruman

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Hope the Japanese guy takes out Andy Murray. Silence these embarrassing "BacktheBrits" w*nkers with their highly effeminate songs and union jack waving glee-type khoonts.

"I believe that we will  win". "Let's go Andy, let's go" -fook right off you knobs.

Hope you weren't too disappointed.

Serbia next for them, probably as tough as it could get for Team Dunblane...

On 06/03/2016 at 5:10 PM, irnbruman said:

Shocking behaviour. 

They will be singing songs from a musical and dressing in skirts next.........

Edited by Angus_Young

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Ah so naw then. 

Cheers 

I was at the game v USA in Glasgow. Great sport and atmosphere tbh. Also great entertainment watching people in Union Jack suits wander out into the Parkhead area at nine o'clock on a Friday night.

3 hours ago, biffer said:

I was at the game v USA in Glasgow. Great sport and atmosphere tbh. Also great entertainment watching people in Union Jack suits wander out into the Parkhead area at nine o'clock on a Friday night.

Ha I can imagine mate. I've still never been to Watch live tennis, despite following the game for 20 years. 

Davis Cup did look a cracking day out last year.

13 hours ago, biffer said:

Also great entertainment watching people in Union Jack suits wander out into the Parkhead area at nine o'clock on a Friday night.

They might have been ok, Parkhead is mainly a Rangers area (historically anyway).

Not advisable attire for the unwitting in Glasgow though!

On 09/03/2016 at 3:55 PM, Angus_Young said:

Ha I can imagine mate. I've still never been to Watch live tennis, despite following the game for 20 years. 

Davis Cup did look a cracking day out last year.

I went to my first match last year in the semi-finals vs Australia. Was a fantastic couple of days out. 

The LTA are really taking the pish with their pricing though. Tickets for the Friday & Sunday matches last week were either £65, £75 or £95! 

That does seem a bit over the score. The Sunday would only have been one match too? 

What sort of increase is that from last year? 

I know that tickets for the earlier Wimbledon rounds are about the £60 mark, but then you are getting a full day, with 3 or 4 matches. 

• 4 months later...
14 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Not interested. "British" shite. 

Maybe..........but the only British Davis Cup victory in recent times was heavily influenced by Andy and Jamie.

And remind me when was the last time an Englishman won Wimbledon?

A valid opportunity (or two) to poke it right up them.

13 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Not interested. "British" shite. 

Interested enough to open the thread and post in it, telling everyone how you're not interested though... 

Well done to young Kyle Edmund. Two good wins. He stepped up to the plate and showed that the GB team is more than just Andy and Jamie. 

Argentina will be tough, especially with Delpo coming back, but with Andy back in the team, i'm pretty confident of a victory. 

17 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Interested enough to open the thread and post in it, telling everyone how you're not interested though... 

Well done to young Kyle Edmund. Two good wins. He stepped up to the plate and showed that the GB team is more than just Andy and Jamie. 

Argentina will be tough, especially with Delpo coming back, but with Andy back in the team, i'm pretty confident of a victory. 

Any rumblings as to where it will be played? 

17 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Any rumblings as to where it will be played? 

Not sure. A quick check suggests there's no major events on at the MEN Arena that weekend, so i'd guess at that. Doubt it'll be in Glasgow :(