The 0 Pointer - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 0 Pointer

GaryWood34

9 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Can't see why people are obsessed with Wembley. Its the least attractive away game in 2016 in my opinion. 

Couldnt agree more! We will be visiting much better cities & stadiums this year than London & Wembley!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, McToot said:

It's also be impossible to monitor misuse of it.

Impossible to monitor misuse of away points also though.

Would it be unreasonable to ask 10% to pick up for home games?

31 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Can't see why people are obsessed with Wembley. Its the least attractive away game in 2016 in my opinion. 

Agreed, if I had to pick a game I was least looking forward to it would be Wembley or France. 

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Agreed.

Annoyingly - I'd say Metz is the premier fixture in 2016. 

49 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Agreed, if I had to pick a game I was least looking forward to it would be Wembley or France. 

So how would that work. 5000 people pick up at hampden prior to kick off. Not sure about unreasonable but certainly ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Mazziessc said:

37 minutes ago, McToot said:

So how would that work. 5000 people pick up at hampden prior to kick off. Not sure about unreasonable but certainly ridiculous. 

Totally. Its hard enough getting into Hampden at times anyway never mind adding in 5000 people trying to pick up tickets prior to the game.

There have been a few times I have ordered home ticket and for one reason or another, usually work or family stuff, haven't been able to go and offered it to a mate/someone at work, and they have went instead.

7 minutes ago, teecee- said:

And avoiding your home games. Your not a fan, more a traveller.

Strange.

There's any amount of reasons why folk prefer away to home games - limited annual leave options, they are based outwit the UK, the extortionate cost of tickets for home games, the lack of availability of modern transport connections to get to Glasgow and Hampden for starters.

People have the freedom of choice to pick the games they go to according to their own circumstances. It certainly doesn't make them any less committed than those who choose to prioritise home games for whatever reason.

Edited by Barney Rubble

16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

There's any amount of reasons why folk prefer away to home games - limited annual leave options, they are based outwit the UK, the extortionate cost of tickets for home games, the lack of availability of modern transport connections to get to Glasgow and Hampden for starters.

People have the freedom of choice to pick the games they go to according to their own circumstances. It certainly doesn't make them any less committed than those who choose to prioritise home games for whatever reason.

Well said. 

22 minutes ago, teecee- said:

And avoiding your home games. Your not a fan, more a traveller.

Strange.

Boring now.

21 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sorry I must be missing the point........the preference for an away friendly over a home group match?  Illogical.

Sums up the attitude of a small amount of our so called  "fans/ tourists".

2 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Sorry I must be missing the point........the preference for an away friendly over a home group match?  Illogical.

Agreed, you've completely missed it.

Very simple go to away games get a point as I said in another post (very drunk) but my point still stands why is everyone having an orgasm over England game ... Where were you in last campaign Germany Poland Ireland and more importantly Georgia get a grip it so easy to get on the ladder ... Ok point system not perfect but best we got ok you can say 2 points for away game On my way game one point for home but as already pointed out when was last time home game was a sell out .... And to be honest so easy to get an away ticket this is a pointless argument ..... Rant over lol 

Wonder if I'm a tourist too? I'd rather go to away games than home - Sometimes it costs me more to get from Portsmouth to Glasgow than it costs me to fly abroad due to crazy airline prices that deem it dearer to fly 400 miles than 1000+ Something I've never understood :-)

On the question of 0 points, my missus (who's born & bred English by the way) loves the tartan army so much she's made me buy her a SSC membership so she can build up her own points. She was at Celtic Park for the ROI game & travelled to Faro in October. She's also going to Malta in May/September & France in June & hoping to start building up her own points, probably with the Italy game. Ive told her not to expect tickets for France or Malta due to popularity of the games etc but she still wants to be there to be part of it all. She did say she wished she'd joined earlier as she'd have probably been or 4-5 points by the time the Italy game comes around. Its easy to build up your points if you are able to fund the trips & get the time of work, as others have said lots of games have gone to 0-1 points in the past few years.

Personally don't see the hype about Wembley either. Far more appealing away games to go to than that one :-)

hahaha!! She's getting locked in the house till I get back ;-)

Seriously though, she's going to go to some of the games at Hamden too but has tactically said she'll give the 2 ingerland games a miss which is fair enough.

She never really understood why I love following Scotland so much till she came to those 2 games. She said she'd never seen me celebrate ANY goal the way i celebrated the one v ROI & she thought the support in Faro was the best she had ever seen - considering the circumstances. Think she enjoyed the strip in Albufeira too ;-)

The points system is fine the way it is, anyway that wants to get on the points ladder has had plenty of options to make the amount of friendlies we have had the last few years

On ‎08‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 11:42 AM, deecie said:

You could have gone to Faro, Tbilisi, Warsaw, Fulham, Molde, Skopje, London, Zagreb, Novi Sad, Luxembourg, Brussels, Cardiff, Florida, Cyprus, Dublin, Dublin, Arsenal or Dublin to name 18 games in the last 4/5 years.

Sorry, but this is not true. I am a 0 pointer and tried to get tickets for Brussels and couldn't. Also Which Dublin do you refer to? Certainly not in June last year.

I think it is easy for the people who the system suits to say there is nothing wrong with the system. I recognise that those that always go should get preferential treatment, but surely something needs to be done to help people like ourselves get started!

12 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

Sorry, but this is not true. I am a 0 pointer and tried to get tickets for Brussels and couldn't. Also Which Dublin do you refer to? Certainly not in June last year.

I think it is easy for the people who the system suits to say there is nothing wrong with the system. I recognise that those that always go should get preferential treatment, but surely something needs to be done to help people like ourselves get started!

the three carling cup games in Dublin I think he was referring to

20 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

Like a 19th game over a 4/5 year period?

On 8 March 2016 at 11:42 AM, deecie said:

You could have gone to Faro, Tbilisi, Warsaw, Fulham, Molde, Skopje, London, Zagreb, Novi Sad, Luxembourg, Brussels, Cardiff, Florida, Cyprus, Dublin, Dublin, Arsenal or Dublin to name 18 games in the last 4/5 years.

Absolute bollocks. 

Scotland have never played Fulham or Arsenal. This is real life problems,not Fifa 16 fantasy leagues min..........

26 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

The three Celtic cup games in 2011.  In recent years we've also played three friendlies in London.  All of these represented easily and relatively cheaply accessible opportunities to get started.  Last year the qualifiers against Poland and Gibraltar were good opportunities to get started as will be n the friendlies in Malta, Metz and the qualifier in Malta this year.

I'm sorry but if you weren't able to get to any of these games - for whatever reason - you're probably not going to be in a position to go to any games.

9 minutes ago, deecie said:

Like a 19th game over a 4/5 year period?

As stated, I'm pretty dubious about the accuracy of this list, but haven't kept my old emails to prove this.

Surely step 1 would be to issue all away tickets in that country. I have a mate who isn't even in the travel club, doesn't go at home, but has been to 5 or 6 away games in the last few years because of who his mates are. People like myself and the originator of this thread, are loyal supporters, but get no reward.

Okay, I could've went to Luxembourg, but holidays and money are limited, so I chose not to. Doesn't mean I should have no chance at any of the big games IMO.

36 minutes ago, ghtresa said:

Most folk got their first point when allocations from the many away games went to zero pointers.

Some got theirs from allocations selling out even before going to zero points just by calling/emailing the sfa and asking to be notified if any become available.

Even the up coming Prague game people on 0 got tickets and it sold out before it went to zero points....