The 0 Pointer - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The 0 Pointer

GaryWood34

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

Yup.   I even got told by a regular poster on here 1 of the guys at her work was on 10 points and never went to games but was hoping on firmament tickets 

Even if that third hand piece of information were true, I wouldn't know whether to marvel at the guys stupidity or admire his eternal optimism.

13 hours ago, aaid said:

Even if that third hand piece of information were true, I wouldn't know whether to marvel at the guys stupidity or admire his eternal optimism.

I would say the former considering that most tournaments are played in decent sized stadiums therefore, assuming the SFA don't change distribution policy, you would only ever need about 5 points max to guarantee tickets.

18 hours ago, euan2020 said:

Yup.   I even got told by a regular poster on here 1 of the guys at her work was on 10 points and never went to games but was hoping on firmament tickets 

Report them then. As for the myth about 10 points and never going to a game, come on you're not that gullible. I have I doubt there are  people with the odd point more than they should have, there may even be a couple of people with a lot more points than they should have but there are not thousands or even hundreds with a lot more points. I think it's an issue, just not that big an issue. As I asked earlier, how do you catch the ones that are abusing the system 

2 hours ago, tam4ritchie said:

Report them then. As for the myth about 10 points and never going to a game, come on you're not that gullible. I have I doubt there are  people with the odd point more than they should have, there may even be a couple of people with a lot more points than they should have but there are not thousands or even hundreds with a lot more points. I think it's an issue, just not that big an issue. As I asked earlier, how do you catch the ones that are abusing the system 

Tam. I'm not that gullible.  This was someone who was on committee of one of the ta associations. So I don't believe they were lying to me .  I wil admit this conversation was 2007. But folk do buy tickets to not go.   

On 8 March 2016 at 9:33 AM, GaryWood34 said:

Hello All,

Just reluctantly renewed so I could buy a season ticket and make certain I get my brief to watch us humble England at Hampden (certainly not for the gorgeous tshirt on offer this year - I've actually ordered a size 4-5 years old for my nephew, he won't be embarassed wearing it).

My question is how does a zero pointer gain that first point. I'm in the situation where I have attended every home game for the past 12 years but the away games I go to I have had to get tickets in different ways meaning that I don't gain the point.

It looks to be a vicious circle - any way out to gain that elusive first point?

I thought prague was an option - nope - It's for 5 pointers.

Cheers in advance.

Trust me pal the so called 0 pointers will get a ticket for any game  ( apart from maybe the game vs Englund at Wembley)

Especially after our failure to qualify for EURO 2016 which is still hurting the nation..

38 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I care about the match as much as anyone but its nice to be able to travel & visit new places, meet the locals etc.

Same always try to go for 4 days and get a couple o days tae see the city and as Prague is my favourite city it's not a problem stayin fur a few extra days :beer2:

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

I care about the match as much as anyone but its nice to be able to travel & visit new places, meet the locals etc.

Fair enough but you post suggested that you found the France game more appealing than England despite the fact the latter clearly means more. 

On 15/03/2016 at 7:18 PM, Haggis McBasher said:

Some people care more about the actual match than the city though. I do realise that's a strange concept to some.

Don't worry yourself Mr McBasher, both defeats will mean just as much as eachother 

16 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

16 hours ago, bonzo said:

Same always try to go for 4 days and get a couple o days tae see the city and as Prague is my favourite city it's not a problem stayin fur a few extra days :beer2:

Totally agree lads. The game only lasts 90 mins - your trip lasts 3-4 days :ok:

Following Scotland is my main reason for going on the trips but seeing new places etc. plays a big part in the decision too.

Plus its a few days off work on the lash with your mates :beer2: 

4 hours ago, clarky1606 said:

Totally agree lads. The game only lasts 90 mins - your trip lasts 3-4 days :ok:

Following Scotland is my main reason for going on the trips but seeing new places etc. plays a big part in the decision too.

Plus its a few days off work on the lash with your mates :beer2: 

Exactly the same way I look at it ??

The points system isn't great if you don't want to go to a couple of away games a year or midweek friendlies in Molde.

If you want to cherry pick a big qualifier every year or 2 it sucks.

:lol:

It's not unfair. There are quirks, but it's about as fair as you can make it. (I suppose the only unfair aspect is losing out in a ballot is a bit of a double punishment, as those who are successful get the ticket and the point, unsuccessful folk get neither).

Guest allyc

It really isn't that hard to accumulate points.the game having just dropped off for points was England played over 2 years ago.most people can manage at least 1 away game a year.