Named Person Act - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Named Person Act

1 hour ago, phart said:

The facebook link above doesn't work for me.

You're linking to a close grp on facebook, i fecked about a bit with the link to get access.

Sorry, thick moment on my part. This is some simpletons belief on named persons. Hard to believe these people walk amongst us.

"To indoctrinate children to their nationalist prospective...they need to start with the youngest in order to win them to their views and ensure Scottish independence. We maturer members of Scottish society and those of us who have settled here from other parts of the UK have been blamed for the failure of their referendum" 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Sorry, thick moment on my part. This is some simpletons belief on named persons. Hard to believe these people walk amongst us.

"To indoctrinate children to their nationalist prospective...they need to start with the youngest in order to win them to their views and ensure Scottish independence. We maturer members of Scottish society and those of us who have settled here from other parts of the UK have been blamed for the failure of their referendum" 

Plenty of nutters posting shite like that.

It fits in with their lunatic belief that the SNP = the Nazis.

These people need psychiatric help.

I don't think this is an indoctrination programme to make folk vote for independence lol.

It's a poorly developed idea which contravenes certain aspects of law, and totally underestimates the extra work already overworked people will have to do. Mainly the education sector which is already in the grip of a stress epidemic.

On 09/03/2016 at 9:05 AM, Auld_Reekie said:

From what I gather, this is a just formalising existing processes and has been used for some time now in the Highlands with considerable success and support from the relevant professions there.

Im finding it hard to get worked up about. 

So the existing processes must be illegal then as per the ruling yesterday?

3 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Think it's the clarity of the whole thing that needs addressed. My kids named person along with her other 400 plus fellow primary school kids is her headmaster. The responsibility is on him, surely the class teacher would've been better and you'd hope any teacher or headmaster would flag up concerns anyway. I'm guessing it's just to cover legal proceedings. When there is a situation with a child I'm concerned when/if it is missed there will just be a blame game, also during school holidays and weekends there's no named person. 

I was speaking to a friend of mine a few months ago about NP.  She's a headmistress of a medium sized Primary School and her view was that it formalised a lot of thing that were already her responsibility and that she knew all the children in her school individually and also their parental situation. She viewed that as part of her job. 

I just surprised the nutters haven't been slagging off wee Nicola, once again, because she doesn't have any kids.

What's the big problem here. They were in the process of introducing some legislation that some folk thought might be unlawful.  Somebody took them to court and won the case. So, they have to go away and change it to something which does comply with human rights law. Or, bin it. Sounds like democracy in action to me.

Can't see what all the fuss is about.

Is it not John Swinney doing this?

Folk going on about someone having no kids or it's an indoctrination programme can be pigeonholed with those that think it's a wee bit of legislation and ignored on the subject.

Those that worry about the implications for abuse of power, scapegoating , less government etc, or who think it will be good for protecting children is just a rubberstamp for existing practices can discuss it rationally.

The people actually opposing it aren't opposed to the aims of the scheme merely the practices of it.

The Christian Institute co-ordinated the legal action and director Colin Hart said after the decision was announced: “We all accept the good intentions behind this law but a universal data-gathering scheme like this was always going to cause major problems.

I have no idea what mentalists you guys have been looking at, fortunately i haven't seen anything bar what's been reproduced here.

Just ignore those folk they don't understand the subject.

Edited by phart

On 28 July 2016 at 2:20 PM, Parklife said:

IMO this is a very dangerous piece of legislation that'll lead to overworked public sector workers being forced to take on additional (and very important) work that they have no scope to do effectively. They'll then be made a scapegoat if they fail or overlook something and a child falls in to abuse. 

And how is that any different to the way things are now? :unsure:

One of the reasons shoddy legislation gets passed is no one in SNP backbenches criticises the leadership. In fact they sign an agreement never to do that. There are no backbench revolts. When it was majority government the committees were loaded with government MSPs so checks and balances failed.

1 hour ago, Alan said:

One of the reasons shoddy legislation gets passed is no one in SNP backbenches criticises the leadership. In fact they sign an agreement never to do that. There are no backbench revolts. When it was majority government the committees were loaded with government MSPs so checks and balances failed.

The Scottish parliament voted in favour of this act by 104 to 0.

Guest flumax
22 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Wow,. Didn't know that. Did the Tories abstain?

Yup all 14 of them were so appalled by it, they couldn't decide either to sit on their hands or vote it down in disgust. I can't quite understand how you can be so against something but don't fire against it. 

104 (snp, labour, greens, Libdem ie parties representing over 85% of the electorate) - 0 

14 abstentions (Conservative) 

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/msps-back-children-young-people-2832645#27mcRT5jHKKXMm1U.97