RED BAY CITY ROLLERS SHIRT BY SSC - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

RED BAY CITY ROLLERS SHIRT BY SSC

CraigieBrown

I wonder if people are having issues with their "Free Gift" from the SSC? I left my size as L on the SSC members site. Sometimes an L fits me well but sometimes I need an XL. The L did not fit me well but a friend of mine gave me his XL shirt as he did not like it. I was surprised to find that it was also a tight fit. I laid both of them flat and was surprised to find that both the L and the XL measure 22" from armpit to armpit - no great surprise really.

I wonder if there are a lot of people that will never wear the shirt because it just doesn't fit them! I know there are a few. I'm going to give up and sell the shirts I have! At least it will reduce the price of the SSC membership. Strictly speaking, they should not have been advertised as a free gift as we are paying for them anyway! The SFA/SSC never stop having little cute approaches to squeeze more cash out of us. The merchandise 'gift' should have been offered as an option when renewing your membership!

3 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Strictly speaking, they should not have been advertised as a free gift as we are paying for them anyway! The SFA/SSC never stop having little cute approaches to squeeze more cash out of us. The merchandise 'gift' should have been offered as an option when renewing your membership!

This.

The SFA have been particularly guilty of attempting to squeeze more and more out of the SSC membership since appointing that Marketing Executive lassie.

They were given a serious message over the prices for home tickets in the last campaign. Their constant overpricing is losing the confidence of the core support, and that would have been proved to its fullest extent had we not drawn our southern neighbours in this campaign.

The business model for the professional football industry is now so far out of kilter with its actual value to the paying fan that it will kill the professional game as a spectator sport within a generation unless the imbalance is redressed.

I always go 1 size up with these kinds of tops (similiar to our Byron Tartan Army polos and the novelty polos you get for stag doo's etc.) and have never had any problems. 

The previous top was brilliant. Good material, fitted well, held its colour and looked good when worn with a kilt.

The design of the new SSC top is crap! Any idea why it is red!!?? Scotland games aren't a fashion contest to say the least but the previous blue tops have matched the kilt much better than this red number ever will!!!

another disappointed customer!

Guest allyc

I don't really have a problem with it.it's just a t shirt.I may wear it once or twice.it's not the ssc fault most of those complaining about it are fat bustards.

The option should be there to include the tat items if you want them and if you don't then the cost of membership should be reduced accordingly. 

As mentioned in a post above this is anoher example of squeezing as much proffit out of fans. I join the SSC for the chance of away tickets and view the items supplied with membership as utter rubbish.

Typically Scotland adidas polo shirts cost about £30 so would it be unreasonable to reduce the membership cost of say £20/25 ? And allow those who want the shirt to choose to buy it if they wanted?

Bit annoying that I had to pay postage for a top I didn't want , it's horrible  . 

There is no way I will be walking about  in an England away top (same colour)

No offence to China  where the shirts were made ,but living in the Borders we have lots of mills crying out for work who would have been delighted to churn out  30000 polo shirts , scarves etc.

Really sad that the SFA ask us to support our team , but they do nothing to support the country's economy .

This about sums it up. Even if the shirt was sold at £20 and the profit off the sales was returned back through the Sunshine Appeal most would be fine with it irrespective of the quality or design. Made in Scotland for Scotland supporters would also sit better with most but that would no doubt reduce the profit margin.

Guess it's just about the money then, what a surprise.

Bizzarely, the going rate on EBAY for a shirt seems to be about £12 plus postage costs. A kind of roundabout route for people who wont or cant wear the SFA cheap Chinese tat to reduce their membership fee slightly. Shame it comes to that and should not have been forced upon 30,000 SSC members in the first place and should never have been described as a "free gift". If they were going to force things on you then they should at least have supplied shirts that fit. I dont know anyone in our gang whose shirt fits them!!!!

Despite liking the shirt, the SSC really do need to sort out their pricing.  There is no need whatsoever for it to cost more than a fiver a head to join.  The original pretext was to make travelling supporters unable to be anonymous hooligans, and that doesn't need to cost £45 each to administer.