Cheltenham 2016 tips - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cheltenham 2016 tips

washboarder

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the annual pilgrimage is almost upon us. After much deliberation I'm back down once again for the punter v bookie spectacle. Staying in Cheltenham this, so the craic will be good. 

Yet again the first day is good racing, but unless your on at fancy prices, most are ones to avoid. 

The first day there are only 2 races worth betting on. 

The first handicap il be taking kruzhlinen. 

And the 4 miler. Nina. 

The rest of the races will be a watching spectacle. 

Best of luck to all, and be lucky. 

I have a tip - don't attempt to drive anywhere in Cheltenham for the next 4 days. This week is when living here is both the best & worst thing in the world... Happy to lend advice on eateries, watering holes & so on to anyone down visiting :ok:

Can't wait for this though. Love race week, despite the inconvenience of it all!

1.30 Min (alt Buveur D'air)

2.10 Douvan (alt Sizing John)

2.50 Kruzhlinin (alt Theatre Guide & Southfield Theatre)

3.30 Annie Power (alt Nichols Canyon)

4.10 Vroum Vroum Mag (alt Lily Waugh)

4.50 Southfield Royale (alt Pont Alexandre & Vicente)

5.30 Mckinley (alt On Tour)

34 minutes ago, Parklife said:

1:30 - Min

2:50 - Holywell

3:30 - Identity Thief

Also doubled Douvan and Vroom Vroom Mag. 

Good luck everyone :ok: 

I fancy Holywell and Identity Thief as well.  I see Vatour has been declared for the Ryanair which will have burst a fair few Gold Cup ante posts.

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I fancy Holywell and Identity Thief as well.  I see Vatour has been declared for the Ryanair which will have burst a fair few Gold Cup ante posts.

Disappointing news on Vatour :( 

Beg to Differ & The New One & Mister Miyagi(e/w)

FTR I'm not overly interested in jumps racing so I don't really have a clue about any horses running this week

The flat starts in Ireland this Sunday if anybody is interested

I wonder if my roomy for the Arc weekend at Chantilly Oct 1-2 is away down

Was their a problem or no above ? Lol

Thoughts  for the day?

Take it the free sky bet stake you get back for not winning the first race yesterday you can just roll that free bet over on the first race the day?

Well that was a bit of a disaster.  Closest I got was an EW return on The Young Master but other than that it was graveyard.  Similar to last year with Annie Power, if Min had won I'd have been set up for the week as the rest of the Mullin's accie skooshed it but it wasn't to be.  I'll take it easy today with just a Yankee and an accie and regroup for another crack at it tomorrow!!  Fancies for today are:

1330: Yorkhill

1410: No More Heroes

1450: Rock The Kasbah

1530: Dodging Bullets (EW)

1610: Any Currency

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Was their a problem or no above ? Lol

Thoughts  for the day?

Take it the free sky bet stake you get back for not winning the first race yesterday you can just roll that free bet over on the first race the day?

You can use the free bet on whatever you want..but in my bookies I wouldn't give you another free bet if you lost your first free bet.

Torn between Yamworth and Yorkhill in the first.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

1330: Yorkhill

1410: No More Heroes

1450: Rock The Kasbah

1530: Dodging Bullets (EW)

1610: Any Currency

Put all of the above on a Canadian that pays £100K+ and a separate accie that pays £60K.  Can't see any reason why it wouldn't come up.  See you at the bar!! :ok:

2 hours ago, Blackpool78 said:

backing a 5/2 shot each way is not really worth it and i would give up if i was backing horses at that price each way 

Good job I'm doing it for a bit of fun and not the huge stakes that you hope and pray to come in your whole life. 

They wont btw. :ok: