Ireland v Scotland - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ireland v Scotland

HaggisNeepsNTatties

For anyone coming over next weekend and a fan of craft beer and whisky, there is a festival on in the RDS (big hall next to ground where Leinster play and only a 10 min walk to Aviva).

www.irishbeerandwhiskeyfestival.com

Tickets are a tenner but a 2 for 1 offer is available using the code THEIRISHTIMES.

Am not knocking Denton, but arguably his replacements have been an improvement on his first two performances (in which the team collectively underperformed for the whole of the England match and the last 20ish of the Welsh match).

Gutted about gray though. He'll pick swinson, but I wouldn't be disappointed if he picked toolis.

On 11 March 2016 at 10:30 AM, HaggisNeepsNTatties said:

For anyone coming over next weekend and a fan of craft beer and whisky, there is a festival on in the RDS (big hall next to ground where Leinster play and only a 10 min walk to Aviva).

www.irishbeerandwhiskeyfestival.com

Tickets are a tenner but a 2 for 1 offer is available using the code THEIRISHTIMES.

Booked onto this now.

J

12 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Bumped into Ian mcgeechan yesterday. He reckons we'll win...

Hope he's right would have taken 3rd place at the start of the tournament 

We conceded 21 points in total while down to 14 men. I cannot understand the persistent fouls and penalty's in the first 25 mins, it was always going to lead to a yellow card and hence cost us the game.

The positive thing from the six nations this year is that apart from yesterday we were within a score of England [6 points] and Wales [4 points] so it is a big improvement on 2015.

13 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Take a look at the incident again on the below line....

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/io28.mp4

Are you seriously saying sexton took a dive?

The move Dunbar did on him was something out of WWE Wrestlemania.....it was a very dangerous tackle.

Do I think Sexton overplayed the resulting "injury"....YES I do and if he did , I do not condone that....But he most certainly did not take a dive.

As for the game itself ....good game  - if ye had kept ye're discipline and handled our high tempo performance in the first half and avoided the first yellow card  - ye could have pushed us closer. Still lots to be positive from the game for both sides.

Aside from that - hope any of ye that made it over here for the game had a good weekend and were well looked after.

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising

19 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I did'nt notice that at the time, I was to busy thinking what was Dunbar thinking off ?  -  but when you read the comments by the various pundits about Sextons reaction, its obvious that Sexton is trying to work a ticket to the English premiership [football] .

It would be a shame if this type of thing finds its way into rugby and lets hope the authorities stamp it out . 

Had already looked at it umpteen times, Sexton's reaction is utterly pathetic. Ireland deserved to win, not least for playing the ref far better than Scotland did. I've heard the Scotland squad were furious with the ref, to be honest the body language of the players in the game made that obvious enough, and the niggle that crept into the game later on was a direct result of this. Scotland need to learn how to cope with refs like that though, and ultimately Ireland always looked to have a bit more anyway, not least by successfully exploiting Scotland's weakness against  the rolling maul and at the line-out. We'll simply never know how it would have gone had it been fifteen aside for the whole game. We badly missed Johnny Gray, and the decision to start with Weir was a bad one. 

7 hours ago, wellyman said:

I did'nt notice that at the time, I was to busy thinking what was Dunbar thinking off ?  -  but when you read the comments by the various pundits about Sextons reaction, its obvious that Sexton is trying to work a ticket to the English premiership [football] .

It would be a shame if this type of thing finds its way into rugby and lets hope the authorities stamp it out . 

I noticed his reaction at the time alright  - as i said it to my mate his reaction looked slightly dubious. Must admit if he is guilty of play acting (which i do unfortunately think he is) , I am very surprised by it as I have never seen  him do that before.

What did you make of Dunbars slam on him? Is that viewed as a fair tackle by ye guys?

It was wreckless and severly dangerous imo and despite sextons reaction, Dunbar was lucky that sexton was not seriously injured and that he didnt land badly on his head or neck. Anyone who has watched the 6 nations will know sexton was targeted quite ruthlessly by the french in our game in paris and also that sexton has had serious issues with concussion. Scotland did not target Sexton thankfully and as above I do think he overplayed his reaction.....but that does not condone Dunbar's dangerous and tackle slam tackle either

2 hours ago, Green_Tide_Rising said:

I noticed his reaction at the time alright  - as i said it to my mate his reaction looked slightly dubious. Must admit if he is guilty of play acting (which i do unfortunately think he is) , I am very surprised by it as I have never seen  him do that before.

What did you make of Dunbars slam on him? Is that viewed as a fair tackle by ye guys?

It was wreckless and severly dangerous imo and despite sextons reaction, Dunbar was lucky that sexton was not seriously injured and that he didnt land badly on his head or neck. Anyone who has watched the 6 nations will know sexton was targeted quite ruthlessly by the french in our game in paris and also that sexton has had serious issues with concussion. Scotland did not target Sexton thankfully and as above I do think he overplayed his reaction.....but that does not condone Dunbar's dangerous and tackle slam tackle either

When you see what the French and the English did to Sexton , I think Sexton should be thanking Dunbar for cradling him to the ground !!!

Can't complain we were beaten, so may as well console myself with complaining about the tinpot little stadium. Crap atmosphere, stupid shape, overpriced like the rest of Dublin and a minging shade of green. Not a patch on any of the other 5 stadia in the competition. 

Irish public, who were great hosts, didn't get what they deserve with that.