Willie Rennie - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fooking hell - just watched this goon on the daily politics show masquerading as ..or maybe he is..the village idiot. Sits there spouting complete shyte with his inane little smile ...completely delusional. Been a long time since Ive seen such a complete nonentity or such a poor politician .

10 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Fooking hell - just watched this goon on the daily politics show masquerading as ..or maybe he is..the village idiot. Sits there spouting complete shyte with his inane little smile ...completely delusional. Been a long time since Ive seen such a complete nonentity or such a poor politician .

That description covers the majority of the elected members at Holyrood.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

He managed to get 5000 completely new voters in his constituency to vote for him

He was on prime time TV every single night for a about 6 weeks. And to be fair, although he is a political imbecile, he was by far the most entertaining of the lot of them. He was doing a Boris. And don't forget it was Fifers who voted for him. Although 9,000 students at St Andrews might have helped him out as well.

12 hours ago, Orraloon said:

He was on prime time TV every single night for a about 6 weeks. And to be fair, although he is a political imbecile, he was by far the most entertaining of the lot of them. He was doing a Boris. And don't forget it was Fifers who voted for him. Although 9,000 students at St Andrews might have helped him out as well.

I've posted about this elsewhere. NE Fife has a long tradition of voting for the Liberals/Lib Dems - Ming Campbell was a popular MP there for years. It is a relatively prosperous, rural constituency, with a big farming vote, a university chock full of posh English students, and a lot of 'old' money in places like St Andrews, the East Neuk and little villages like Falkland and Ceres. In reality the surprise is that the SNP have ever had any elected representatives there. Plus, and I wasnt aware of this until recently, Rennie is a local, coming from Strathmiglo and attending the local school in Cupar. 

6 hours ago, Pool Q said:

I've posted about this elsewhere. NE Fife has a long tradition of voting for the Liberals/Lib Dems - Ming Campbell was a popular MP there for years. It is a relatively prosperous, rural constituency, with a big farming vote, a university chock full of posh English students, and a lot of 'old' money in places like St Andrews, the East Neuk and little villages like Falkland and Ceres. In reality the surprise is that the SNP have ever had any elected representatives there. Plus, and I wasnt aware of this until recently, Rennie is a local, coming from Strathmiglo and attending the local school in Cupar. 

Aye he went to Bell Baxter although I think he probably had loads of truant days.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye he went to Bell Baxter although I think he probably had loads of truant days.

No, I don't think so. It turns out he was a couple of years below me, I can't say I remember him. One of those really odd things, I was at the Howe 7s last weekend, chatting to my brother and a few other guys, this bloke walks up to me and introduces himself, saying he was at school with me. It was Willie Rennie. Strange experience.

Edited by Pool Q

8 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Sturgeon takes it 63 to 5.

She'll have been more concerned with a pair of willies today...

http://m.heraldscotland.com/news/14497298.Two_senior_SNP_politicians_separate_from_wives_after_allegedly_having_affair_with_same_woman/

Dinny blame them, she's well out of both of their leagues. 

14 minutes ago, phart said:

How many couples work for the SNP?

Unsure but probably no more than any other party

I guess its like all walks of life where most people meet their partners through work

44 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Unsure but probably no more than any other party

I guess its like all walks of life where most people meet their partners through work

I dunno if it's the same couples, but over time i keep noticing couples. As you say it's normal folk meet at work. I think i hardly ever read articles (except when posted here) so i have a small sample size and it's just something that i personally notice.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

I dunno if it's the same couples, but over time i keep noticing couples. As you say it's normal folk meet at work. I think i hardly ever read articles (except when posted here) so i have a small sample size and it's just something that i personally notice.

I know that my MSP Christina McKelvie is in a relationship with Keith Brown MSP

I had no idea that Stewart Hosie was married to Shona Robison though

Probably more prevalant than we are aware - Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper excepted

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Probably more prevalant than we are aware - Ed Balls and Yvette Cooper excepted

Going full circle with this thread, Jo Swinson and her English MP hubby both lost their seats in last year's LibDem cull...

12 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Going full circle with this thread, Jo Swinson and her English MP hubby both lost their seats in last year's LibDem cull...

Always thought there was something scary about her.

She has this huge permanent grin and big wide open eyes that never blink ..............

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

She has this huge permanent grin and big wide open eyes that never blink ..............

Great chebs though

article-0-1BE4EF23000005DC-530_306x517.j

Edited by Ally Bongo

Indeed

15 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Don't worry about her though she's landed another plum job in London...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3572258/All-aboard-gravy-train-Whitehall-gold-plated-jobs-City-paid-passengers.html