23000 memberships - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23000 memberships

Mazziessc

Emailed the sfa yesterday, looking for an update on my memebership pack and decided to ask the question on how many memberships had been sold while I was at it.

They replied with:

Hi Mark

Thanks for your email.

There was a delay in the shipment of T-shirts coming to us so the packs just started to go out over the last 2 weeks so you should receive yours very soon.

At the moment we have sold in excess of 23,000 memberships.

Something like a drop of 12k from last October.......

SCOTLAND SUPPORTERS CLUB MEMBERS

AWAY POINTS TABLE

Correct at 20 October 2015

Total Members: 35102

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm very surprised that it's anywhere close to that number. I was expecting approx 15k. 

I didn't bother renewing.  Tickets are never a problem and neither is getting in the away end on trips.  It pays to be a bit of a big deal.

And the T-Shirts are shite.

I never bothered renewing this time, neither did my wife and her dad. I'd say out of about 8 of us only 2 have renewed.

I was on 5 points, but was going to struggle for time off and thought that by the time the end of the campaign came around i'd probably have dropped down to 2 at best.

I knew i'd get tickets for any home games I wanted to go to barring England probably, but I can't say i'm too bothered about going to that game. For some reason it just doesn't appeal to me.

I wouldn't say it's as simple as that.

My membership means I can get a season ticket, saving me £30 on public prices for games I'd go to anyway. Also only one lot of postage. Add in the money I've saved with the discount on the strips and I've already got more than my monies worth. Then there's free tickets to u21 games and all manner of other stuff.

53 minutes ago, McToot said:

I wouldn't say it's as simple as that.

My membership means I can get a season ticket, saving me £30 on public prices for games I'd go to anyway. Also only one lot of postage. Add in the money I've saved with the discount on the strips and I've already got more than my monies worth. Then there's free tickets to u21 games and all manner of other stuff.

Aye, alright Mr Broadfoot 

Am I right in thinking it hasn't yet re-opened to new members?

In which case I'd imagine there'll be a waiting list ready to bolster numbers again, but the fact that possibly 12k members like myself haven't renewed should ring alarm bells.

Having said that they'll be more interested in numbers = ££ so if the waiting list fills the gap all is sunny & rosy again for the $FA.

13 minutes ago, fringo said:

Am I right in thinking it hasn't yet re-opened to new members?

In which case I'd imagine there'll be a waiting list ready to bolster numbers again, but the fact that possibly 12k members like myself haven't renewed should ring alarm bells.

Having said that they'll be more interested in numbers = ££ so if the waiting list fills the gap all is sunny & rosy again for the $FA.

New members have been buying since march 2nd. I guess your right there wudda been an initial rush back then, even that's gotta be fadding out now. 

I can't see them getting much more.

For the ones who travel away they away table post Czech is gonna be interested to see the change.

26 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

New members have been buying since march 2nd. I guess your right there wudda been an initial rush back then, even that's gotta be fadding out now. 

I can't see them getting much more.

For the ones who travel away they away table post Czech is gonna be interested to see the change.

Wow! That is a bad sign for SFA then.

19 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

23000 is not bad considering the ongoing failure to qualify for anything.

We haven't qualified in 18 yrs but membership kept increasing until it couldn't grow anymore and had a massive waiting list (2007-08).

It's now decreasing - probably for the first time ever in it's history.

On 3/16/2016 at 8:23 AM, Scunnered said:

I didn't bother renewing.  Tickets are never a problem and neither is getting in the away end on trips.  It pays to be a bit of a big deal.

And the T-Shirts are shite.

went one campaign not registered and ended up missing the Italy home game! wasnt a nice experience.

but you are right, t-shirts are shite.

Edited by giblet