23000 memberships - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23000 memberships

Mazziessc

22 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Aye but when you substitute the cost of the all the t shirts it comes down to £1,149,950.

This is true. Still think there should be 2 membership prices. One with the 'freebies' & one without.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Membership is a rip off..... £50 for a crap shirt worth a fiver and the "privilege"of buying tickets.....been a rip off for years but still I rejoined ?.....just about worth cos I travel but if u don't save ur money.....and word to the SFA.....stop milking the cash cow cos a lot of folk have had enough

2 hours ago, Tom1172 said:

At average £50 a pop thats £1,150,000 raised from 23,000 members. Thats some income, wonder what happens to all that money.......

It's certainly not spent on getting membership packs sent out!!

Im sure they enjoyed their trip to the Algarve in October. A nice chilled token effort of putting on a pick up point on the Saturday night where no one was staying, off use to no khunt 

Circa 10,000 drop in membership.

Caused by bad feeling from last campaign's home ticket pricing fiasco combined with the disappointment of not qualifying again despite 3rd place getting a playoff place.

Only reason it didn't fall further is the Wembley game.

4 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

If you look at similar schemes run by clubs (become a member and get priority for tickets) it is broadly in line with them in terms of cost (25 to 30 quid a year).

Clubs play more than a handful of games a year though...

7 hours ago, Tom1172 said:

At average £50 a pop thats £1,150,000 raised from 23,000 members. Thats some income, wonder what happens to all that money.......

our team will not be at the euros..we will not be at the euros..but the SFA will be at the euros in their 5 star hotels...thats where the money goes...

7 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

If you look at similar schemes run by clubs (become a member and get priority for tickets) it is broadly in line with them in terms of cost (25 to 30 quid a year).

In the scheme proposed to the FAI I proposed 5 euro on every away ticket for costs of administering a scheme based broadly on yours however, we did nt need/want a gift a t shirt and any of the other crap you get sent in your membership pack

there is not a mission we would pay 62 euro for this

The last time the membership was available to the public for at least 6 months before it sold out. I imagine it is probably roughly the same stage as the same time two years ago.

Everyone's circumstances are different and the membership is worth more to some people that others.

For me it pays for itself. Season ticket discount, loads of u21 free tickets, 2 free home tops, women international tickets, free NI ticket, invites to Q&As, quiz and stip launches.  I accept that a lot of people aren't bothered with U21 or women games or the SSC events but I am so for me it is good value.

On Sunday, March 20, 2016 at 8:45 PM, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Tartanpar,  are you  having us on ?  How'd you get 2 free home tops and none of our squad could get anywhere near the strip launch despite our best efforts  ?

No. I was lucky enough to go to both strip launches. 

On 19 March 2016 at 8:26 AM, Ally boy 69 said:

Membership is a rip off..... £50 for a crap shirt worth a fiver and the "privilege"of buying tickets.....been a rip off for years but still I rejoined ?.....just about worth cos I travel but if u don't save ur money.....and word to the SFA.....stop milking the cash cow cos a lot of folk have had enough

"It's a rip off"

"folk have had enough"

they must be laughing all the way to the bank with your £50 ?

1 hour ago, they've_been_suckered said:

"It's a rip off"

"folk have had enough"

they must be laughing all the way to the bank with your £50 ?

c'mon, i also thought long and hard about it for this campaign

but 25 quid a year ,

thats 50p a week,,,,

Shocked if it's as high as 23k.  I didnt renew, having been a member since the STC days pre 1996.

The last campaign was demoralising with us playing for draws against Georgia and Ireland.  Much as I like Strachan, his decision making was off there and contributed to us losing out on the best chance we've had of qualifying for a tournament in 20 years.  Look at some of the teams that did get there.

£50 is way too much.  Individual ticket prices are way too much.

Also, James Forrest.

Also, this:

scotland-2016-home-kit-1.jpg

On 23/03/2016 at 1:40 PM, aljay said:

The last campaign was demoralising with us playing for draws against Georgia and Ireland.  Much as I like Strachan, his decision making was off there and contributed to us losing out on the best chance we've had of qualifying for a tournament in 20 years.  Look at some of the teams that did get there.

£50 is way too much.  Individual ticket prices are way too much.

Also, James Forrest.

Agree100%.

Strachan being offered a new contract for finishing 4th in a group was the final straw for me.

And even when he had no option but to play Ross McCormack he still never acknowledged the lad played well.

Good pundit but too far up his own arse now for me.

I think it's good value and go to away games plus i'm not tight arse who spends every moment complaining about everything the SFA does.  £50 over two years is nothing.

I only purchase the membership for away games but I don't believe it represents good value. From discussions I have with other Scotland fans and the apparent majority of postings on here most seem to express the opinion that it isn't particularly good value.

Do you think the reason the membership dropping so dramatically is based on the stereotypical characteristics of the miserable miserly Scot? Complaining for the sake of complaining and too mean to spend money?

As a matter of interest if you feel £50 is nothing then at what cost would you consider the fee to be unreasonable?