23000 memberships - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

23000 memberships

Mazziessc

6 hours ago, Radian said:

I think it's good value and go to away games plus i'm not tight arse who spends every moment complaining about everything the SFA does.  £50 over two years is nothing.

Fook me we know it's good value for those that go to away games but it's shit value for those who don't,it's basically £50 to be guaranteed one ticket for a home game on whatever day/ night of the week,whatever kick off time when tickets are easy accessable for non members

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd been a member since 1992, and at one stage actually had 9 away points because I couldn't miss a game.

Last time round, I didn't renew.

Why ? Tbh, like many, I simply fell out of love with spending time and money going to watch a fairly useless combination of average Championship and bit-part Celtic players. 

About 18 months or so ago, Strachan named a team where I could barely recognise half of the players. I realised at that point, it was time to stop wasting my money on drivel. 

The SFA are a joke, the timing of the games is horrendous, the new kit is an abomination, Strachan is a c0ck who keeps on picking James Forrest, and McGhee is the biggest cvnt in world football.

I'm amazed that anyone still goes.

20 hours ago, Radian said:

I think it's good value and go to away games plus i'm not tight arse who spends every moment complaining about everything the SFA does.  £50 over two years is nothing.

IT's not about being a tight arse. It's about what we actually get for that £50. You got the opportunity to buy tickets which for home games are massively overpriced and a bag a useless tat. 

How much does the SSC cost to run? That should be the basis of the pricing structure but it now seems to be the SFA trying to squeeze maximum revenue out of us. Well them, they're not getting any of my cash. 

17 hours ago, ST#7 said:

Do you think the reason the membership dropping so dramatically is based on the stereotypical characteristics of the miserable miserly Scot? Complaining for the sake of complaining and too mean to spend money?

Nope, the reasons for the membership dropping are, IMO: 

1. Our dreadful 2nd half of the last qualifying campaign sucked enthusiasm away from many of us

2. Rip-off prices from the SFA for attending games and SSC membership

3. Games being mainly on Thursday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday nights. Getting to and from Hampden on a week night is shocking. I live 25 miles away and it still takes me over 2 hours to get home after a week night game. 

4. Continual selection of nobodies from England and completely ignoring players performing well in our own league (for teams who the majority of Scotland fans support). 

5. Mark McGhee is a total James Hunt.

40 minutes ago, slasher said:

Not liking one of the assistant managers is NOT a valid reason for no longer going to watch your country any more imo

Did you think that was a serious comment? Really? Deary me. 

20 minutes ago, slasher said:

You listed it as a reason for people stopping going pal, not me.

1. I thought it was fairly obviously a joke. 

2. I listed it (jokingly) as a reason for folk not rejoining the SSC. It's possible to go to games and not be in the SSC. 

Aye ok fair enough but plenty others (mostly sheep) have been venting about McGhee on here. I can recall loads of times I've been unhappy about squad/team selections/managerial appointments. The only time I ever seriously considered chucking it was during the Levein era and that was only cos he took away the one thing a fan can't cope without....hope.

I got the membership, in January paid £45, bought two tops and a full kit for the wee man from JD Knocked off just over £20 with membership discount. Got a half decent T-shirt "free" for a £5r.

Travel away so use it for that, as its good for making sure you get an away end ticket.

There is some benefit in the home games too.

Will go to every home game but could pick up a ticket no problem like anyone else, bar the England game and any game in which we *MAY* be on the verge of qualifying when suddenly the woodwork opens up and everyone and there dug wants a ticket. I feel a regular runs the risk of missing out to someone who fancies going to their first game since Italy at home because its a "big game". Also I always sit in large group and it enables our seats together always. 

What i have already used knocks the membership down to £20 with almost two full years to take in some u21 games and more savings I'll make from buying through JD.

Used correctly it does pay for its self.

9 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

I renewed because of McGhee

:lol:

With weddings and kids taking up most of my free time and money over the last few years, I realised I'd paid £50 for a scarf and badge for the WC2014 campaign. I'd gone to 3 of the home games, but just picked up tickets in the week before.

If you are going to away games and/or can really milk the other benefits, the £50 is decent enough value.

If you're only going to home games, and don't commit to the season ticket, it's a waste of money.

The JD sports discount is a bit of a red herring, as it brings the price of the shirt down to what Sports Direct would charge if the SFA hadn't given JD a monopoly, but that's a different debate for miserable sods like me.

:lol:

The general experience of getting to/from hampden has been a contributing factor for me. The infrastructure around the ground just isn't up to par. Never mind the usual carnage at queen st going east on the way back. 

Should be interesting to see how Abellio handle the Edinburgh trains tonight. Down to half hourly service from the low level.

Edited by they've_been_suckered

4 hours ago, slasher said:

Aye ok fair enough but plenty others (mostly sheep) have been venting about McGhee on here. I can recall loads of times I've been unhappy about squad/team selections/managerial appointments. The only time I ever seriously considered chucking it was during the Levein era and that was only cos he took away the one thing a fan can't cope without....hope.

I feel that way about Strachan and McGhee.

Strachan gets more leeway than Levein did, but his failure in the last qualifying campaign was arguably worse than anything Levein put us through.

Finishing 4th in that group was a sackable offence.

The idiotic reasoning that Strachan and McGhee have given for their scattergun selections don't exactly endear them to me either.

Have to echo many of the sentiments on here. I didn't renew either, and was on 8 points. A lot of reasons for it, however the costs involved for overall match day experience is probably the main one for me. 

Unsure if I'll attend any games this campaign, but can't see it being a problem getting a ticket for any game I want to go to. Had I intended to go to away games, I would have renewed. 

35 minutes ago, Rossy said:

I feel that way about Strachan and McGhee.

Strachan gets more leeway than Levein did, but his failure in the last qualifying campaign was arguably worse than anything Levein put us through.

Finishing 4th in that group was a sackable offence.

The idiotic reasoning that Strachan and McGhee have given for their scattergun selections don't exactly endear them to me either.

I thought I was the only one who thought Strachan wasn't really doing a good job. IMO he should have offered to quit after the Georgia away game. I'n not saying he should have necessarily gone but that result and perfomance was one of the main reasons we are not at the Euros.

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

IT's not about being a tight arse. It's about what we actually get for that £50. You got the opportunity to buy tickets which for home games are massively overpriced and a bag a useless tat. 

How much does the SSC cost to run? That should be the basis of the pricing structure but it now seems to be the SFA trying to squeeze maximum revenue out of us. Well them, they're not getting any of my cash. 

Nope, the reasons for the membership dropping are, IMO: 

1. Our dreadful 2nd half of the last qualifying campaign sucked enthusiasm away from many of us

2. Rip-off prices from the SFA for attending games and SSC membership

3. Games being mainly on Thursday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday nights. Getting to and from Hampden on a week night is shocking. I live 25 miles away and it still takes me over 2 hours to get home after a week night game. 

4. Continual selection of nobodies from England and completely ignoring players performing well in our own league (for teams who the majority of Scotland fans support). 

5. Mark McGhee is a total James Hunt.

Yeah was a bit harsh with the tight arse bit.  Each to their own.  My way of thinking of it though, I'm willing to spend £50 on a night out, willing to spend money travelling to away games. Me personally £50 over two years  I just don't think is a lot of money......I quite like the new r-shirt ?

2 hours ago, paddy said:

I thought I was the only one who thought Strachan wasn't really doing a good job. IMO he should have offered to quit after the Georgia away game. I'n not saying he should have necessarily gone but that result and perfomance was one of the main reasons we are not at the Euros.

And playing for a point in Dublin