New International Kits - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New International Kits

10 hours ago, flicktokick said:

Now I thought the our new strip didn't look like a Scotland strip, but then along come our nearest neighbours to show what having your kit mucked uo really looks like.

england-euro-2016-kit-5.jpg

The blue sleeves might jist get us oot o playin in the pink strip et Wembley 

2 hours ago, flicktokick said:

New Portugal strip - seeing a pattern? Nike have seem to have decided that shirt and shorts have to be one colour and socks another. Presumably they got that from liking our last kit.

Portugal-Euro-2016-Home-Kit%2B%25287%252

Pretty sure it's a Fifa rule that the strip predominantly needs to be one colour, hence the reason they get away with different socks.

You need to have one dark and one light. 

The England one really is a shocker. Might have been (just about) acceptable if they had navy shorts. 

I think there's a misconception about the FIFA kit rule. Whilst it does call for the two kits to be contrasting - one light, one dark - it does not specify that shorts have to be the same colour(or even dark/light variant) as the shirt.

This new rigid format is entirely Nike's invention. Adidas have seen Germany return to White shirt/Black shorts and Spain to Red/Blue for the Euros, Puma have Italy in Blue/White, even Nike have managed to give Turkey black shorts with their red shirt, off when their traditional shorts are red and would therefore fit Nike's new regime.

It's not even just in Europe Nike are doing it, their new Chile kit is Red shirt, red shorts, blue socks. It just seems as if they are being perverse for the sake of it.

chile-2016-copa-america-kit-1.jpg

1 hour ago, flicktokick said:

I think there's a misconception about the FIFA kit rule. Whilst it does call for the two kits to be contrasting - one light, one dark - it does not specify that shorts have to be the same colour(or even dark/light variant) as the shirt.

This new rigid format is entirely Nike's invention. Adidas have seen Germany return to White shirt/Black shorts and Spain to Red/Blue for the Euros, Puma have Italy in Blue/White, even Nike have managed to give Turkey black shorts with their red shirt, off when their traditional shorts are red and would therefore fit Nike's new regime.

It's not even just in Europe Nike are doing it, their new Chile kit is Red shirt, red shorts, blue socks. It just seems as if they are being perverse for the sake of it.

chile-2016-copa-america-kit-1.jpg

I didn't mean shorts and socks had to match, just the kit prodiminantly had to be the same Colour so you would get away with different socks, or as you've pointed out, shorts. Out of interest what colour socks are Germany, Spain and Italy using? That should debunk my theory :)

I know the rule used to be no more than 4 colours, but something is telling me that changed two or three years ago. 

Agree though, Nike really have made an arse of them. 

Edited by Angus_Young

Italy Blu

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

I didn't mean shorts and socks had to match, just the kit prodiminantly had to be the same Colour so you would get away with different socks, or as you've pointed out, shorts. Out of interest what colour socks are Germany, Spain and Italy using? That should debunk my theory :)

I know the rule used to be no more than 4 colours, but something is telling me that changed two or three years ago. 

Agree though, Nike really have made an arse of them. 

You're absolutely right about the FIFA rule but when so many of the teams went with matching shirt and short colours for WC2014 there were stories everywhere saying that was FIFA's rules.

Anyway on socks - Italy have blue as normal, Germany black for a change and Spain very dark navy (almost but not black)

Though I don't think FIFA's rules are the cause of all of the shorts shenanigans it just seems weird that they would even bother having such rigid rules about kit colours, for example why do they insist strips can have no more than 4 colours in them? But then of course it is FIFA we're talking about.

35 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Looking at some of them it's difficult to believe people actually get paid to come up with those designs

I think there's only one designer and perhaps an apprentice who knows how to do replace colour on Photoshop.

22 hours ago, flicktokick said:

Italy Blu

You're absolutely right about the FIFA rule but when so many of the teams went with matching shirt and short colours for WC2014 there were stories everywhere saying that was FIFA's rules.

Anyway on socks - Italy have blue as normal, Germany black for a change and Spain very dark navy (almost but not black)

Though I don't think FIFA's rules are the cause of all of the shorts shenanigans it just seems weird that they would even bother having such rigid rules about kit colours, for example why do they insist strips can have no more than 4 colours in them? But then of course it is FIFA we're talking about.

I'm unsure but it does only apply to international kits. The laws of the game stipulate that opposite teams need to be distinguishable from each other. 

I'll need to try and remember where I read that. 

The predominantly one colour kit "rule" is for FIFA events only (World Cup).... At the last World Cup I am sure there was something about Croatia asking for a special circumstances request on their kits, when everyone else had predominantly one colour (regardless of kit manufacturer was Nike, Puma or Adidias).

As the Euro's are a UEFA events it's probably a bit more relaxed (though looks like Nike are the only kit manufacturers sticking with it, as Adidas have ditched it this time around).

6 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Good shout that! Here's hoping ??

with England getting a full white kit (with exception of shorts) I really doubt it, as far to much of a clash, unless SFA get special one off  blue shorts made up (and given the away kit has been released with 2 different shades of shorts, yet home kit has not, I have my doubts).

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

with England getting a full white kit (with exception of shorts) I really doubt it, as far to much of a clash, unless SFA get special one off  blue shorts made up (and given the away kit has been released with 2 different shades of shorts, yet home kit has not, I have my doubts).

Aye, if they had any sense at all, the change strip would have been pink and navy, with navy shorts and white socks which could have been used with the Blue shirt.