Falkirk v Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Falkirk v Rangers

24 minutes ago, jimstroma said:

Just about to head down to the Bairnabeu for the big game tonight. Should be a decent game as no team will sit back. COYB! 

I've got to go to my sons Amateur Dramatic show tonight. Not happy as it should be a good game.

I fancy a score draw.

For our unprofessionalism, we deserved to lose that. Pathetic performance from 2-0 up where we assumed the game was won. I would levy that criticism to Mark Warburton too for his substitutions which were too gung-ho rather than being more defensive to see the game out.

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Cracking start. Simple 1-2's is all its taking at the minute which is surprising given Falkirk's record. 

Really should be out of sight already. 

As I said, game should have been over by half time. 

No complaints, we completely switched off the last 20 minutes. Bit of a reality check for a few I think. 

3 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

As I said, game should have been over by half time. 

No complaints, we completely switched off the last 20 minutes. Bit of a reality check for a few I think. 

It should refocus the mind that the league is far from won. On the up side, we've screwed Hibs so every cloud...

7 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The tribute act well and truly Dons'd that 

To have Dons'd/Hibs'd it, it needs to be done over a prolonged period, not simply a one off. You'll have experienced literally billion upon billions of examples of Hibsing it (none funnier than against Hamilton Accies in the play-off or when Hearts pumped you 5-1) so you really shouldn't have made that mistake.

13 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

To have Dons'd/Hibs'd it, it needs to be done over a prolonged period, not simply a one off. You'll have experienced literally billion upon billions of examples of Hibsing it (none funnier than against Hamilton Accies in the play-off or when Hearts pumped you 5-1) so you really shouldn't have made that mistake.

Go easy on him Wolfie.

Another season in the second tier beckons, and he'd shag his glue ridden granny to be chasing the top prize in Scottish fitba! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cairngorm View Post
Somebody said this before and it surprised me but the more I think about it, I think he has a point

Barry McKay could play with Barcelona, he has all the attributes and I could see him on that Iniesta role

IF he continues to develop

There I've said it ��

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
The only player in UK with a better first touch than wee McKay in my humble opinion is Aguero. I know that's a bold statement but his first touch is sublime.
Edited by wembley67lisbon

21 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Quote Originally Posted by cairngorm View Post
Somebody said this before and it surprised me but the more I think about it, I think he has a point

Barry McKay could play with Barcelona, he has all the attributes and I could see him on that Iniesta role

IF he continues to develop

There I've said it ��

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
The only player in UK with a better first touch than wee McKay in my humble opinion is Aguero. I know that's a bold statement but his first touch is sublime.

Even if McKay had a better first touch than Aguero it wouldn't make him a good player. You need much more than that. I can't actually remember thinking "wow, what a first touch" when seeing him play either.

Another great game last night at the Bairnabeu. We were very poor in the first half, but Houstie made excellent substitutions, taking off 3 of our best players and putting on 3 hungry youngsters who were involved in an amazing come back.

We have lost 3 league games all season  (2 away v Gers, 1 home v Hibs). We have drawn too many games, loosing late goals. Great to end Rangers 14 game unbeaten run as they haven't lost a game since there last visit to Falkirk.

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

Surely letting your club die is the ultimate Hibsedit?

11 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

It should refocus the mind that the league is far from won. On the up side, we've screwed Hibs so every cloud...

I agree mate, far too much complacency. Not necessarily from the manager and players but there has been too much talk of '4 wins from the title' and 'can Rangers challenge for the Premiership' for my liking. 

Yes we had a very good performance /result in the Scottish but it wasn't so long ago we struggled against part time lads.  That seems to have been airbrushed from history. 

10 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Even if McKay had a better first touch than Aguero it wouldn't make him a good player. You need much more than that. I can't actually remember thinking "wow, what a first touch" when seeing him play either.

Every time I see him I do think "wow, what a first touch". I can't understand how that isn't glaringly obvious. He is lightning quick, plays with his head up and is always ready for a quick pass and move. It will be a major fail if he doesn't become a top player. I've said often but I'll say it again, he's not suited as a winger - he's not a natural dribbler. Play him inside and he looks like an Arsenal player.