Support for Union "Soars" - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Support for Union "Soars"

22 hours ago, deecie said:

It's a Tory policy to move from £42-45k.

Its just another piece of poor governance coming out of Holyrood pushing me further from having a prosperous future in Scotland.

I bet you log In to In to Internet banking every day to check how much you have.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, adamntg said:

We can't all live in bin.  :lol:

My mortgage, if I paid the minimum would be 14% of take home salary. Although one of my employees pays 65% in rent alone, not including council tax etc, no idea how you could live like that. 

Sadly, I'm no where near the 40% tax band. 

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Here's The Courier's take on the same report as the Express.

Support for Scottish Independence at 15 year high

And The Courier is hardly the nationalist's friend.

Same headline in both The Scotsman and Herald, papers who are never shy of printing an anti-independence story.

The Express is identical to the Daily Mail and Telegraph....they'll print any brazen lie if it's anti-SNP or independence, but completely ignore any positive story/poll etc.

11 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Same headline in both The Scotsman and Herald, papers who are never shy of printing an anti-independence story.

The Express is identical to the Daily Mail and Telegraph....they'll print any brazen lie if it's anti-SNP or independence, but completely ignore any positive story/poll etc.

Can anyone explain The Herald's rather sudden dramatic shift from being slightly pro-SNP to strongly anti-SNP in the last six months ?

The North Briton's comments section has been unbelievable lately for the amount of right wing Billy Brit lunatics posting on it. 

8 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Can anyone explain The Herald's rather sudden dramatic shift from being slightly pro-SNP to strongly anti-SNP in the last six months ?

The North Briton's comments section has been unbelievable lately for the amount of right wing Billy Brit lunatics posting on it. 

Marcus Gardham.

A lot of the billy brits and a few ex Scotsman posters have moved in.

A few of pro SNP posters, like myself, no longer comment there since having to go through facebook or re-registering. 

41 minutes ago, antidote said:

Marcus Gardham.

A lot of the billy brits and a few ex Scotsman posters have moved in.

A few of pro SNP posters, like myself, no longer comment there since having to go through facebook or re-registering. 

Yeah, Gardham is responsible.

The forums are still on the edge of reasonable, and I post there from time. There are enough pro-independence posters to keep debate sensible.

The Scotsman is a disgusting cess-pit of BritNat extremists and UKIP bigots, who are fed a daily diet of anti-SNP clickbait to fuel their bile.

Edited by Rossy

56 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Actually, The Herald has never been 'slightly pro-SNP'. It's always been anti-independence.....it's just that it generally has always been more balanced than any other newspaper in Scotland. Never pro-SNP though.

The Sunday Herald on the other hand, is openly pro-independence.

The Sunday Herald used to be openly pro-independence. Since it got a new editor, it has noticeably pulled back. In fact it is difficult to assess where it lies on the political spectrum now as it's reporting has now become so bland. I have stopped buying it as a result which is quite sad as I really enjoyed getting it.  

37 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

The Sunday Herald used to be openly pro-independence. Since it got a new editor, it has noticeably pulled back. In fact it is difficult to assess where it lies on the political spectrum now as it's reporting has now become so bland. I have stopped buying it as a result which is quite sad as I really enjoyed getting it.  

well Iain Bell no longer writes in the Herald or Sunday and that is a great Loss.,

Mc Whirter is the only one left.

The Sunday is still pro Indy.. but less pro SNP, which is good...

10 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I do have sympathy with the younger generation suffering as a result of the last 15 years of housing market madness.

I may not earn enough to be worried about the 40% tax band but way less than 10% of my take home pay goes on the mortgage.

Sounds preferable to 45% of it being spent on rent!

5 hours ago, adamntg said:

We can't all live in bin.  :lol:

I've heard Paisley called worse.

34 minutes ago, deecie said:

Sounds preferable to 45% of it being spent on rent!

That's a mare, you have my sympathies.

Some rough calcs indicate to me that someone who bought a house in the 1990s would have the same disposable income as a first time buyer today who earns over 50% more than them!

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Haven't looked at it in a long time but didn't think it could possibly get any more extreme!

Edited by Toepoke