Premier Sports - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Premier Sports

Stella Artois 1366

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have an I-pad or I-phone, download Universal TV HD or Global TV HD. Both will have Premier Sports. 

You will get a few adverts when you log on but just keep on deleting them. When you get the channel you want, all the adverts will stop.

you can get full Sky Sports and BT Sport on these channels - all for free !

I just realised i could add it to my Sky account for £9.99 with no minimum contract so it's effectively PPV at a tenner.  Also, I can record it and watch it on later in the evening, which was going to be an issue for me.

Will cancel after the game, and renew for the friendlies in June.

Guest MorayCupMan
2 hours ago, virus-with-shoes said:

Anyone know any pubs in Edinburgh that will be showing it?

I know that the 3 sisters has premier sports....watched aberdeen europa league qualifiers there back in July

3 hours ago, virus-with-shoes said:

Anyone know any pubs in Edinburgh that will be showing it?

Edinburgh should be a bit easier to find somewhere.  Matchpint .co.uk says Three Sisters, Malones, Platform 5, Murrayfield Bar and The Ball Room all have Premier Sports.  Maybe give one of them a phone tomorrow to make sure.

Be interesting to know how many folk paid for this game?

might even be worth a poll?

Surely the BBC (or even stv?) couldve outbid this premier sports mob. Given the majority of folk appear to have found a stream, gone to a pub, or not bothered at all as opposed to actually paying for it, I doubt they made much from it?

On 23 March 2016 at 3:06 PM, jailender said:

just heard that pubs have to pay £450 for 3 month subscription ! Bit steep for friendlies.

Correct. I paid it for the bar I run in Aberdeen (Illicit Still) and we were very busy for the game, helped by it being Good Friday the next day. With the next 2 away games still to come it's looking like money well spent.

Really ? You think that £450 for three games is a decent deal, when you probably would need to sell an extra £700 of bevvy each game to make a profit, based on 20% gross profit. The guy who told me runs a pub, and he said no way is that  viable for meaningless friendlies.