Anybody know anybody who..... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I have a pub and spend about £980 a month on electricity and have been with npower for 13 years.

Despite my loyalty every year at renewal time they send me a letter with proposed rates which are about 30% more than I'm paying now.

We then go through this routine of me threatening to leave - they come up with a better deal - I then find a better deal from another supplier - they come up with a better deal........you can see where this is going

Just wondered if the onus is always on the customer to come up with a better quote from a competitor ? or how does the whole thing work, are there any other concessions that could be asked for eg loyalty bonuses 

I guess it's like any supplier of goods or services. It's up to us as a consumer to go elsewhere.

if I don't like the price of milk at Waitrose I walk over to Sainsbury's.

Its a ball ache and I admit I don't do it enough. Car insurance its part of my yearly routine. 

J

I was on standard tariff with SSE for about 4 years.  Switched to their 1 year fixed term and saved about £650 for the coming year.  I also got about £350 back from them for credit on my account.  I instigated it and did it all myself through my online account and it is crucial that you submit accurate readings AND know your usage.  It's definitely worth looking into.  If you need any tips PM me.