Sports Songs - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

After hearing Chelsea Dagger from the Fratellis 400 million times on the radio over here the last year(It's the Chicago Blackhawks ice hockey team's anthem here), it got me wondering. What songs stick in your mind which can be connected to a sport? Whether it's Fleetwood Mac and The Chain or Snooker Loopy. 

14 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Bryan Ferry, Driven by you. 

Sure it was used on sky's early days football coverage on Sunday's. 

I may not be correct though. 

It would make sense as the advert for Ford cars was that song. Ford did sponsor Sky Sports fitba' I think back then. Except, it was Brian May's song

Edited by Ormond

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

After hearing Chelsea Dagger from the Fratellis 400 million times on the radio over here the last year(It's the Chicago Blackhawks ice hockey team's anthem here), it got me wondering. What songs stick in your mind which can be connected to a sport? Whether it's Fleetwood Mac and The Chain or Snooker Loopy. 

You not always singing that World Cup classic?

I believe.....

I believe that....

On 23 March 2016 at 6:21 PM, dandydunn said:

Bryan Ferry, Driven by you. 

Sure it was used on sky's early days football coverage on Sunday's. 

I may not be correct though. 

When I think of Scottish fitba on sky, I always think of Inside by Stiltskin, which was the theme tune for a while. 

I now hate 7 nation army by the white stripes. It's been done to death in fitba across Europe. 

i am far from being a Hibbie, as are most 

However, SUNSHINE ON LEITH is magnificent 

and unique to Scotland 

could we not change a wee word or twa to make it a Scotland Song instead of a Hibbie Song;;