Footballers on random tv programmes - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballers on random tv programmes

Dion Dublin on Homes Under the Hammer. Apparently he has also 'invented' a musical instrument and played on stage with Ocean Colour Scene. 

I also seem to mind Jermaine Defoe appearing on some Big Brother or Xfactor pish. Iirc it wasn't even the actual programme, it was some stupid spin off. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Not quite TV but Charlie Miller and Andy McLaren both had bit parts in the movie Angels Share. 

Did they? I watched that film last year but don't remember them in it. Did they play themselves or were they proper characters in it?

On 3/23/2016 at 11:21 PM, Toepoke said:

Jermaine Jenas on Question Time the other week.

Was watching CBeebies with the wean a few years back and Murdo MacLeod came on it with his grandsons (can't find video of the show, but one of the wee boys did an excellent impression of him being hit by Branco's free kick :-)) )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/radio/my-story-footballer

Ah, I saw that one a couple of months ago while flicking through the Kids channels with the boy, I was hooked! :D 

13 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Did they? I watched that film last year but don't remember them in it. Did they play themselves or were they proper characters in it?

They were in the scene where the main boy goes to the hospital and the girlfriends dad is there with 2 heavies. They were said heavies. Think they were in another scene too but that's the one that sticks in the mind. 

Talking of films, was watching a League of Their Own last night & part of it was about this.

Vinnie Jones, Zidane & Ally McCoist have all featured in films. A shot at Glory being the film McCoist featured in! 

On 22/03/2016 at 10:42 PM, Angus_Young said:

Dion Dublin on Homes Under the Hammer. Apparently he has also 'invented' a musical instrument and played on stage with Ocean Colour Scene. 

Yeah, I watched that one, then checked out his musical instrument website.

Basically it is a box, that makes different sounds depending on what side you hit.