Billy Brown v Michael Stewart - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Brown v Michael Stewart

Billy Brown doesn't come across very well.

Seems like a bit of a dinosaur, that thinks ex-pros should just give wishy washy comments that won't upset anyone.

I'm not a fan of pundits that say things to be controversial (burley or Sutton for example), but to be fair to Michael Stewart, I think he just says what he thinks, and isn't worried about upsetting folk, more former players should be like that.

I've not heard it yet but Richard Gordon and Jim Spence have both been on the By the Minute Aberdeen podcast and one of them (can't remember which) said it's all agreed beforehand who is going to take each side of the argument. At least it the days of Young vs Traynor but you'd think it'd be much the same now. 

I like Michael Stewart as a pundit, seems Billy Brown still has a chip on his shoulder about himself and Lockes exit from hearts when their  contracts were not renewed when Levein and Budge came in. Stewart was quite vocal at the time about the poor job they had done that season and how budge was right to shake things up. 

3 hours ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

I've not heard it yet but Richard Gordon and Jim Spence have both been on the By the Minute Aberdeen podcast and one of them (can't remember which) said it's all agreed beforehand who is going to take each side of the argument. At least it the days of Young vs Traynor but you'd think it'd be much the same now. 

Yeah, Richard Gordon was specifically talking about Traynor and Young when he said that. 

11 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah, Richard Gordon was specifically talking about Traynor and Young when he said that. 

Those two fools represent everything that is wrong with our football journalism.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

That was what the used to do on the Real football phone in. If Roughie said black, Ewan Cameron said White.

(still the only victim of Scottish football Armageddon!)

:lol: :lol:

I still remember listening to Ewan Cameron throwing a highly emotional flakey on Real Radio before the 2008 Northern Ireland friendly. Arguing that we should respect "our British national anthem" and that "a certain Scotland fans forum" was orchestrating a campaign to boo it. I wonder which forum that was ...........

10 hours ago, JECK said:

Time for that interview again

What you don't see is that just after it cuts off, BIlly Brown batters the interviewer with a hammer. 

19 hours ago, JECK said:

Time for that interview again

Made me bloody seasick him pacing up and down the whole time. I'd batter him with a hammer just to get him to shut up and stand still. 

I actually find Michael Stewart to be refreshingly honest and objective. The pundits on the BBC, such as Stewart, Tom English, Pat Nevin, Stevie Thompson et al are actually quite good, I think, and if the programmes they were on were actually backed with a budget in excess of the price of a pie and bovril, they could actually be decent.

From listening to "Teammates" on Radio Scotland recently, Billy Brown managed to earn a few quid purely by being Jim Jefferies' old school mate.

Billy Brown is a complete idiot, his points are nonsense. Michael Stewart is spot on, absolutely spot on. Billy Brown is the absolute epitome of Scottish fitbs job for the boys, the reason that we are shite at the game, A dinosaur with nothing to offer.

Billy Brown comes out of that terribly. To suggest you can only have an opinion on football if you are " qualified" to do so...ie you have been a manager.

I really like Michael Stewart he is one of the few pundits worth listening to...as someone said earlier BBC Scotland have quite a few decent pundits (Stewart, Nevin , Thompson) 

BT really need to sort out their pundits and co-commentators......Michael Own and Savage are unbelievably bad