Taxis - Czech Republic v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Taxis

jcs

Can't believe some arsehole taxi driver tried to charge 400 for a 200 fare just as well I asked b4 I got in  he had the cheek to ask me how much I was willing to pay n when I said 2 he said 3 (that was alarm bells) especially when he was adamant he wanted 4 to begin with, we ended up gettin in the taxi behind him n guess what 2 so be warned some taxi drivers see tourists n think YA DANCER RIP OFF TIME 

On 23/03/2016 at 8:59 AM, bunnet said:

They are greedy robbing horrible bastards. Let the tram take the strain ???

Just like they probably all think anyone who gets into their taxi is going to be a horrible, disrespectful, drunken idiot who will probably puke on their seats before assaulting them and stealing their takings? Can't understand why people seem to automatically  default to this 'robbing bastards' perspective. Some might be that way inclined, but it's because they're that way inclined, not because they're a taxi driver. Lots of people rip others off, they don't all drive taxis. Your friendly local stockbroker or fund manager is more like to be ripping you off than the local cabbie IMO.

Only used two taxis, once to get to the stadium, and once to get back to the city centre from the game, got the restaurant to call us a taxi before the game, it cost 80, however, it took us 5 attempts to get a taxi that quoted a reasonable price for the return, 3 said 750, one said 1000 and the fifth said about 100, ended up being 140, which was too much, but not horrendous.

I did rather well with taxis.Got quoted 800 and 700 a few times from Old Town Sqaure to the ground but got an honest taxi driver who charged me 150.After the game I got a taxi back to Praha 9 for 200. Oh and thank to a group of 3 male and 1 female Scots fans for grabbing the taxi I flagged down outside the ground.,I could hardly walk with knees in agony.Hope you got ripped off big time.

On 26 March 2016 at 4:03 PM, Blootoon87 said:

We got charged 2000CZK to get back to the old town from the stadium after the game. That was the only time we got ripped off.

Are you mad. It was a 20 min walk at most :huh:

13 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

I know. We were a fraction of the price going to the stadium, I naively assumed it would be about the same on the way back. The boy was at it.

did you pay it?

its common here that unlicensed taxis sit outside stadiums and event venues looking to scam people. it is a big thing here and run by mafia types in the city.

police dont want to deal with it, so its up to the you as the customer to challenge or pay, you find most of these taxi drivers and pretty big hard looking cants, but i do love a challenge sometimes. One guy tried the 2000kc thing with me and got 300kc and lunch voucher thrown at him.... seemed happy, maybe he was hungry, :-)

We were all fine with taxis anytime we used them, 100 to the ground from a pizza shop just up from the dubliner & then we walked back to city centre from ground. 

Taxi to & from airport was roughly 700 I think, couldn't argue at that it was a fair wee trek!