Germany v England - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany v England

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

How the did we lose home and away to this rabble? (Germany)

I would advise anyone to have a look at the first and 3rd German goals at Hampden....a certain midfielder going walkabout/doesn't pick up the threat. He also does it against Poland in the first few minutes to give them the lead a month later.

15 minutes ago, JECK said:

England look decent in the final 3rd. Do expect strachan will go toe to toe against them in both games an I fear we'll get done in both. 

Alli some player. Him and Vardy playing lower league football in their careers does give you hope actually.

Nothing more than a "training match" someone mentioned above. Ok 

It certainly was a training match right up to a few minutes before Kane's goal. The Germans scored twice , one disallowed without breaking sweat -

suddenly England burt into life with Kane's goal.and completely dominated the last half hour. Germany never moved out of second ear the whole game - it was England who upped the anti and got stuck in. Two brilliant bits of skill from Kane and Vardy.. On the plus side ..its all begun now ..England are ertainities with the press to win the Euros   .

1 hour ago, irnbruman said:

On the plus side ..its all begun now ..England are ertainities with the press to win the Euros   .

Law of averages states they must get close to one eventually.

In 20 tournaments played outside of England, they've made 2 semi finals.  Shocking record given the strength of their teams over the years...

Was out tonight and when we arrived in pub England were 2-0 down ,

when we left they had won 3-2 played great and were the only tean in ot

Plus side is Poland and Ireland beat Germany as well

however...

I said it before and i repeat , England to win euro 16...

They have lost all their pri madona players and have a really good  English manager, who is also not a pri madonna

a, good old fashioned English team

England on their day will beat anyone in Europe,,,,,and in France , could easily Win it...

The plus side is last time England won Anything Scotland took the piss put of them at their next game at Wembeley

So England for euro 16 and Scotland to win in Nov.... :ok::ok:

Will 2016 be  1966/67 in repeat

44 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Law of averages states they must get close to one eventually.

In 20 tournaments played outside of England, they've made 2 semi finals.  Shocking record given the strength of their teams over the years...

Is this right? I'm only aware of England being in 1 semi outside of their own country - Italy '90.

Usual story, sure I heard the commentator say England were ' vastly superior'. England looked very good for the last 30 mins but it was still a friendly. They could easily have been 3-0 down. Germany are always better in tournaments. Can a team win a tournament with Cahill and Smalling as centre backs? Was at Wembley when Kenny Miller took the piss out of Cahill.

31 minutes ago, JECK said:

Their match against Bale in the group stage is really intriguing. Love it if Bale destroyed them.

Me too. Been in London for 29 years, hate the way the English always think decent Welsh players should play for them as if it's their only chance of success. They went on about Giggs for years and  do the same with Bale now. Not a fan of Wales but would be hilarious if they beat England.

7 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Was at Wembley when Kenny Miller took the piss out of Cahill.

aye,  

Quote of the night...

FFS Kenny Miller had England s best in his pocket

However they did end up  beating  us...    

I won't find it funny if Wales beat them in the group stages.

Frustration and hurt more likely.

It just brings it home even more that we aren't there as we just weren't good enough.

Edited by jock strap

What we should be asking is how can England produce such good young players when their league is supposedly full of the the cream of Europe and abroad? If our Gauld and Harper were any god they would have made it in someone's first team by now. As it is, add them to the list of Fleck and Feruz..

37 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

If our Gauld and Harper were any god they would have made it in someone's first team by now.

Noticed that Eric Dier came from Sporting B as well...

22 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Pains me to say it but if  Scotland and England are both playing to the best of our abilities ( don't  know if that s the right word) then they will beat us in both games, they have so many more players to choose from,

I think their defence is suspect and we can score against them. Keeping them out is a different matter though!

Edited by Toepoke

37 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Noticed that Eric Dier came from Sporting B as well...

I think their defence is suspect and we can score against them. Keeping them out is a different matter though!

Thanks for that.. that cheered me up. Eng's only weakness seems to be central defence; they don't have the  same depth of talent there.

13 hours ago, stocky said:

Was out tonight and when we arrived in pub England were 2-0 down ,

when we left they had won 3-2 played great and were the only tean in ot

Plus side is Poland and Ireland beat Germany as well

however...

I said it before and i repeat , England to win euro 16...

They have lost all their pri madona players and have a really good  English manager, who is also not a pri madonna

a, good old fashioned English team

England on their day will beat anyone in Europe,,,,,and in France , could easily Win it...

The plus side is last time England won Anything Scotland took the piss put of them at their next game at Wembeley

So England for euro 16 and Scotland to win in Nov.... :ok::ok:

Will 2016 be  1966/67 in repeat

No doubt England have improved and would be near certainties for the semi-finals provided the draw is relatively favourable to them.

But while I cant say they definitely wont win the tournament  - as they well might - but i really don't think they will.

Their group was handy out, but when they played Spain last november they got beaten easily 2-0

As for Germany .....what is going on there....problems in the camp.

In their last 5 games....they have lost to Ireland, France and England....and also beaten very narrowly Scotland (2-3) and Georgia at home (2-1), also add in the last year they have lost at home to the USA.

Strange seeing the Germans go to 2-0 up at home and still lose.