Germany v England - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Germany v England

On 3/30/2016 at 1:43 PM, Green_Tide_Rising said:

Dave - I can give you years and years of arrogance and  by the english media towards your football team and how they overhype them to win things.

But here is your Football Association chairman telling your media that ye are going to WIN euro 2016 just last december ......and the draw had not even been made at that stage....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6799940/England-will-win-Euro-2016-says-bullish-FA-chairman.html

"New found" you said. As if the win against Germany had spawned something. You've not evidenced it.

Last December doesn't count.

Oh well, forgive me, I forgot we aren't allowed to enjoy a win.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole 'English Arrogance' thing is entering lazy territory.

I saw nothing last week that even touched arrogance, all I saw was enjoyment at a great win in a well contested match.

Yeah, Germany will likely be better than us in France, we expect it, but should that detract from a quality performance from a young England team in a test match? Nah, not in my book. 

12 hours ago, Dave in London said:

I saw nothing last week that even touched arrogance, all I saw was enjoyment at a great win in a well contested match.

Yeah, Germany will likely be better than us in France, we expect it, but should that detract from a quality performance from a young England team in a test match? Nah, not in my book. 

I agree with this, the English arrogance thing hasn't been there for a couple of tournaments now. It's taken a little of the shine off when they get papped out.

I'm more concerned about The SFA's inability to sell our own game than I am about the English over-egging there's.

On 4/2/2016 at 11:59 PM, Dave in London said:

"New found" you said. As if the win against Germany had spawned something. You've not evidenced it.

Last December doesn't count.

Oh well, forgive me, I forgot we aren't allowed to enjoy a win.

I was referencing the english media  , not the english fans.....i find the majority of english fans to be pretty level headed on both ye're teams positives and negatives and expectations when entering a tournament. I never implied that you could not enjoy a win....so its ok, i forgive you dave;)

Don't take my post as knock on english fans...because it was not meant to be.

"New found".....bad wording on my part , apologies  - there does seem to be a growing confidence among ye're media that ye may do something in this euros due to going unbeaten in your qualifying group and beating germany the other night seems to have heightened that belief. I did find listening to Clive Tyldesly and co the other night on ITV very nauseating. Fair play on your unbeaten record in the group - but the group contained shockingly average teams with the exception of England....which is fair.

On 4/2/2016 at 0:19 AM, Dave in London said:

Again  - "english arrogance"....media not fans

I hope you did enjoy beating germany  - and fair play on the result - results like that should be enjoyed by fans........christ i enjoyed it when we beat them last october so i can relate to ur enjoyment

I never detracted from ye're germany performance....ye played some really good stuff...i just meant the dutch defeat might ground certain sections of ye're media who believe ye are in a better place than i think ye are at the moment. Germany will probably beat the majority of the teams in the euros 

In saying that, that doesnt mean that i dont think ye dont have a good young team because i do  - i just think this euros maybe one competition too soon before ye can be judged as potential winners....i think semis is a realistic aim for ye if ye can avoid one of the big teams... .i could be wrong and  fair play if ye prove me to be.

P.S i do find greg dyke very annoying

Edited by Green_Tide_Rising