Asad Shah murder - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Asad Shah murder

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah read that in the paper earlier. Shocking stuff.

Explains the circumstance of the attack in such a nice part of the city though, I was perplexed when I heard the news yesterday.

The last thing Glasgow needs is more religion based violence!

To say i'm a bit irked with the Muslim Council of Scotland "appealing for calm" is an understatement

"After this event, our message is that everyone should keep calm and try to get together in recognition of being human beings.

"There's a real feeling of sadness and anxiousness within the community. Hopefully we can learn from it."

I wonder if this statement was made before it was a muslim that was arrested for the crime ?

I doubt they need to learn that a main part of their religion's ideology is martyrdom and jihad not to mention death to apostates.

4 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Presumably ?

Can you be sure about that ?

Nope thats why i said presumably. (used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain)

It has been reported as a religious crime by the Police hence my reasoning

Maybe he was just the wrong type of Muslim

That better ?

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nope thats why i said presumably. (used to convey that what is asserted is very likely though not known for certain)

That better ?

No.

A presumption means exactly that. It's a guess. 

I'm not defending anybody, but all your posts are points toward presumption. You seem angry. You're blaming someone, and you're insinuating. 

Where as, nobody has any idea...at the moment...what happened.

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

That better ?

By the way,your posts over several threads......and it's only an impression.....suggest that you're an angry man. 

It looks like you're desperate to lash out for some reason. 

I'm only presuming by the way.

No.

A presumption means exactly that. It's a guess. 

I'm not defending anybody, but all your posts are points toward presumption. You seem angry. You're blaming someone, and you're insinuating. 

Where as, nobody has any idea...at the moment...what happened.

I dont know how to make this any clearer

A presumption is to suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability not fact.

The presumption was made as right from the start Police Scotland said this was a religious crime AND it was reported that Mr Shah had made well wishes to Christians on his Facebook page hours before he was murdered.

I said i was irked with the Muslim Council of Scotland - not angry

A muslim has been arrested for the crime

I am blaming their religion - again because Police Scotland have made it clear that this was a religious crime

5 minutes ago, Rossy said:

By the way,your posts over several threads......and it's only an impression.....suggest that you're an angry man. 

It looks like you're desperate to lash out for some reason. 

I'm only presuming by the way.

When i say you are talking pish im saying it completely calmly

And for you to say anyone on here posts like an angry man is quite frankly hilarious

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I dont know how to make this any clearer

A presumption is to suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability not fact.

The presumption was made as right from the start Police Scotland said this was a religious crime AND it was reported that Mr Shah had made well wishes to Christians on his Facebook page hours before he was murdered.

I said i was irked with the Muslim Council of Scotland - not angry

A muslim has been arrested for the crime

I am blaming their religion - again because Police Scotland have made it clear that this was a religious crime

Well, fair enough. I don't actually give a shit.

Police Scotland saying that they've charged someone with such and such isn't actually a conviction by the way. Maybe you didn't know that. 

You seem to be taking 2 + 2, and making whatever number you feel like. I'm happy to wait to see what happens after a trial. 

Well, fair enough. I don't actually give a shit.

Police Scotland saying that they've charged someone with such and such isn't actually a conviction by the way. Maybe you didn't know that. 

You seem to be taking 2 + 2, and making whatever number you feel like. I'm happy to wait to see what happens after a trial. 

If you actually dont give a shit then why bother to put your tuppence worth in ?

Had a few beers and looking to start a fight in an empty hoose ?

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If you actually dont give a shit then why bother to put your tuppence worth in ?

Had a few beers and looking to start a fight in an empty hoose ?

Not been drinking at all. 

You just seem really, really angry and desperate to lash out. 

11 minutes ago, Rossy said:

:lol:

Thats the best description of yourself ...ever

The new activity log on everyone's profile is a fabulous addition in this case 

Edited by Ally Bongo

I'd suggest that Ally's presumption was a reasonable one to make, will turn out to be an accurate one and that the chief Imam at the Glasgow Central mosque will defend the murderer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-29415356

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/glasgow-imam-central-mosque-criticised-praising-pakistani-terrorist-who-killed-politician-1551580

Edited by Larky Masher

14 hours ago, Rossy said:

Says the angriest man of the tamb! 

I seen quite a few tributes to Asad on Facebook with his page linked in. We had over 20 friends in common and just from looking at his page you could see how much he loved Scotland and was extremely open and tolerant of other religions. He was a big independence and SNP supporter which is where all our mutual friends came from.

Edited by iainmac1

12 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

Looks like the murderer travelled up from Bradford because he saw something the boy had posted on social media.

Religon will obviously get the blame but that's just a nutcase in my book.

The nutcase wouldnt have travelled without religious belief - one goes hand in hand with the other 

Muslim apologists will deny this but until we tackle the real problem it wont go away

1 hour ago, TartanJon said:

Looks like the murderer travelled up from Bradford because he saw something the boy had posted on social media.

It's the disease of certainty, you must be pretty certain the other person is wrong when you kill them.

1 hour ago, TartanJon said:

Sounds a wee bit similar to that Countdown nutter who travelled to Glenrothes to bottle a teenage lassie. I'm not sure whether the reports mentioned if he was a christian or not though.

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds a wee bit similar to that Countdown nutter who travelled to Glenrothes to bottle a teenage lassie. I'm not sure whether the reports mentioned if he was a christian or not though.

This is a classic response used by muslim apologists which in itself is just as dangerous as the terrorists

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The nutcase wouldnt have travelled without religious belief - one goes hand in hand with the other 

Muslim apologists will deny this but until we tackle the real problem it wont go away

The real problem looks like a mental health issue to me at first glance,obviously if some other information comes to light then I will admit I was wrong but lots of Muslims didn't travel 250 miles to murder a stranger for what they wrote on social media this week so I'm not going to blame a whole religon.

16 minutes ago, TartanJon said:

so I'm not going to blame a whole religon.

I think what you are meaning to say is that you are not going to blame a whole people - or the whole muslim population

Thats the big issue - nobody is blaming every muslim but that sort of argument is repeated ad nauseum by Muslim apologists and it's become a game of hide the ball rather than get to the root of the problem.

This approach is only going to cause far more Islamaphobic sentiment than there already is.

The bottom line is that there are these ridiculous ideologies within the Hadith which justify Jihad, Martyrdom and death to apostates/christians/jews etc - being taught at school in most Muslim countries (notably Saudia Arabia) and if even only 1% of Muslims were to believe and suscribe literally to that kind of teaching then thats over a million people.

There is no such thing as moderate Islam.

This is what has to be tackled but im sure you are aware being a Muslim reformer is a high risk strategy and thats the catch 22 along with the media playing the muslim apologist line.

11 minutes ago, andymac said:

Has anyone seen the news from Pakistan?

Yes - absolutely horrific

Estimated around 50 dead - many who were children playing in a park

Soul destroying

Pakistan Taliban splinter group Jamaat-ul-Ahrar told local and Western media it was behind the attack.

"We claim responsibility for the attack on Christians as they were celebrating Easter," spokesperson Ehansullah Ehsan told Pakistan's Express Tribune.