TAMB Facebook Page - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TAMB Facebook Page

DoonTheSlope

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Did he get banned too?

If he didn't he should have. Some of his posts were beyond belief. He'd post post after post about how much he hated England because when he went to Sunderland games the folk on his supporters bus would take the piss out of him because the went to Scotland games

15 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

If he didn't he should have. Some of his posts were beyond belief. He'd post post after post about how much he hated England because when he went to Sunderland games the folk on his supporters bus would take the piss out of him because the went to Scotland games

You're not seriously having a go at someone for coming out with repetitive nonsense are you? :)

25 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Is it possible somebody could post a link up with some of the crap being spouted. 

Sorry for being a pain in the arse but I refuse to sign up to facebook but this thread has got me intrigued ! ??

In a nutshell:

- You should get a point for attending a home game

- I'm ITK

- Why can't I ever get tickets for away games?

- You should get half a point for an away game and two for an away game

- If we ever qualify for anything the points table should be void and it should be either a ballot or distributed evenly as technically it's not an away game, it's a tournament and should be treated as such***

- I'm ITK

- I was at the (Insert Team Name) at Hampden, where was everyone else

- You should get a point for attending a home game

- The point systems unfair, I couldn't get to the 8 matches that went to zero so the points system should be scrapped

- I'm running/looking for a bus to/from (Insert Destination)

*** That was a genuine thread over the weekend

Have noticed that when there is no games coming the posts get stranger and stranger and seems to be that only the same 3 members or so are posting on the page but they do so about twice a day. Also find it funny/cringeworthy when there are videos that have absolutely nothing to do with scotland or even football yet posters share it to the page and caption it something along the lines of 'Not football or tartan army related but had to share this with you lads ???'

Edited by Slide Tackle

6 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

its really not

its full of people who come across as if they would struggle to get out of their house in the morning never mind make it safely to and from a Scotland game.

Some of the posts have to be seen to be believed.

Well I met a few of them in the Dubliner along with the guy who runs it.They seemed like nice people and dedicated Scotland fans. It may not be to everyone's taste but neither is this board.

3 hours ago, jock strap said:

Is it possible somebody could post a link up with some of the crap being spouted. 

Sorry for being a pain in the arse but I refuse to sign up to facebook but this thread has got me intrigued ! ??

Basically,it was like being on here,but more mental :lol:

Some real head cases going about that believed anything that was posted,although it probably never helped that there was a few wind up merchants on it as well  .

@Ormond,probably no.1 offender :whistling:

Edited by dandydunn

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Basically,it was like being on here,but more mental :lol:

Some real head cases going about that believed anything that was posted,although it probably never helped that there was a few wind up merchants on it as well  .

@Ormond,probably no.1 offender :whistling:

Aye, trying to type with a straight face was hard at times. :lol:

Do you mind my suggestion that the elite lads on a high number of points should be allowed to nominate a "Wildcard" entry into the next Scotland squad to reward their loyalty over the pleb fans? I nominated Frazer Wright and the place went into meltdown! :rollsmile:

5 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Aye, trying to type with a straight face was hard at times. :lol:

Do you mind my suggestion that the elite lads on a high number of points should be allowed to nominate a "Wildcard" entry into the next Scotland squad to reward their loyalty over the pleb fans? I nominated Frazer Wright and the place went into meltdown! :rollsmile:

I would love to go back and look at it all again. 

Would bring a real giggle to my nightshift at the moment :lol: