Liam Bridcutt

Cove_Sheep

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, jock strap said:

One challenge and you get binned from representing your country ever again.

:lol:

That is the high standard we hold our players to!! :P

In his other appearance vs Serbia he was one of our better players that night and never got a sniff again so what chance after 10 min showing and a 'robust' challenge?? 

9 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

That is the high standard we hold our players to!! :P

In his other appearance vs Serbia he was one of our better players that night and never got a sniff again so what chance after 10 min showing and a 'robust' challenge?? 

That high standard nearly earned him an appearance in the high court according to some ! 

21 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Well, it could be argued that England is his country.

A tackle like that one however, in a friendly, shows he's quite likely an utter liability. 

4 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Well, it could be argued that England is his country.

A tackle like that one however, in a friendly, shows he's quite likely an utter liability. 

Go on then, whys that ?

On both counts stated above please :ok:

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Go on then, whys that ?

On both counts stated above please :ok:

Seriously? You don't think someone with very tenuous link to Scotland actually sees Scotland as his country?

As for the latter, you are mental. Someone who risks getting sent off, with a tackle in a needless area of the pitch, in a friendly, is quite clearly not someone who you can trust in a competitive match.

Or you could paint that he was keen to impress in his limited time on the park? He didn't make any challenges like that in the match he started after all.

I think he is one of the few options we have as a genuine holding midfielder so I would like him to get a full run out in one of the June games.

7 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

Or you could paint that he was keen to impress in his limited time on the park? He didn't make any challenges like that in the match he started after all.

I think he is one of the few options we have as a genuine holding midfielder so I would like him to get a full run out in one of the June games.

:ok:

53 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Should not play for Scotland again.

Discuss...

He showed some determination to do well and made a bad challenge. He clattered the boy, big deal.

Scott Brown in his early days for Scotland did the same thing plenty of times and we didn’t want to oust him.

Hanley goes through everyone  to get the ball in every game.

We need players that are prepared to get hurt in a challenge if we have a late and bad tackle every once in a while who really cares.

10 minutes ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Maybe that Romanian lad Ganea was keen to impress too?

There was a young lad got sent off on his Argentina debut in a friendly against Hungary in 2005, I wonder if some of their supporters tried to brand him a liability and suggested he should never be called up again?

Incident happened right in front of me in the north stand.... at the time, looked slightly unfair on Bridcutt as he was (and did get) aiming for the ball (plus the Danish player did make a bit of a performance of his reaction.... which a number of the Danish players had been doing all night).

Watching it now on tv, and agree it is a tad wreakless (but no worse than what we have seen from other Scottish players in the past).... Bridcutt had a so-so game when he came on and did not see enough to make me think he will be back again.

33 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

He showed some determination to do well and made a bad challenge. He clattered the boy, big deal.

Scott Brown in his early days for Scotland did the same thing plenty of times and we didn’t want to oust him.

Hanley goes through everyone  to get the ball in every game.

We need players that are prepared to get hurt in a challenge if we have a late and bad tackle every once in a while who really cares.

Easy to say all of this in hindsight I suppose. I suspect you would have a slightly different take (big deal) if the lad had been seriously injured. 

I do take your point though mate, I've no problem with lads being committed in the tackle either, I just think this one was a bit over the score. 

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Should not play for Scotland again.

Discuss...

Should never have played in the first place. 

1 hour ago, jock strap said:

It's not his country is playing for. 

32 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Had Kenny McLean been playing last night, and he made the same challenge, would a similar thread be up and running this morning I wonder?

Kenny McLean wouldn't have made that challenge as he's neither a dirty khunt or a complete fvckwit.

5 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Should have been sent off, no question, although I think it's down to over exuberance, rather than any genuine malice to hurt anyone. 

I'm sorry but this irritates me. It's irrelevant what his intentions were. He didn't give a toss whether he injured the opponent or not and in doing so he made a disgraceful tackle. Next we'll be getting "he's not that type of player", well aye, he fecking is because he just done that! 

Not having a go at you personally, it's just that line of defence infuriates me :lol: 

It was a wild challenge, but I think to never play him again off the back of it is incredibly harsh.

it wasn't really a "leg breaker" in terms of being malicious, just a badly timed clumsy dive in.

Probably would've been a red in a qualifier though.

Should Brown be dropped for being a liability too? He was doing his usual hard man act in the 2nd half, squaring up to one of the Danish players.