Liam Bridcutt - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liam Bridcutt

Cove_Sheep

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Should never have played in the first place. 

It's not his country is playing for. 

Kenny McLean wouldn't have made that challenge as he's neither a dirty khunt or a complete fvckwit.

I'm sorry but this irritates me. It's irrelevant what his intentions were. He didn't give a toss whether he injured the opponent or not and in doing so he made a disgraceful tackle. Next we'll be getting "he's not that type of player", well aye, he fecking is because he just done that! 

Not having a go at you personally, it's just that line of defence infuriates me :lol: 

I'm not defending it m8, as I say I think he should have walked and in that respect it's irrelevant. I'm just not sure it's in the same bracket as Ganea, and that IS relevant if we are discussing whether he should play for the side again no? 

Me personally, I think he has made a mistake in the heat of the moment. 

47 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Easy to say all of this in hindsight I suppose. I suspect you would have a slightly different take (big deal) if the lad had been seriously injured. 

I do take your point though mate, I've no problem with lads being committed in the tackle either, I just think this one was a bit over the score. 

It was over the score mate, red card in every game IMO.

The big deal was more aimed at the fact its happened plenty of times from others, with examples being Brown rather renowned for his tackles and Hanley is always strong in a tackle. Calling for the lad’s head is a bit much.

It would have been a big deal had he hurt the player mind you, maybe then there would have been cause for the firing squad.

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

It was a wild challenge, but I think to never play him again off the back of it is incredibly harsh.

:lol:

it wasn't really a "leg breaker" in terms of being malicious, just a badly timed clumsy dive in.

Probably would've been a red in a qualifier though.

Should Brown be dropped for being a liability too? He was doing his usual hard man act in the 2nd half, squaring up to one of the Danish players.

Brown should be dropped because he has lost the ability to play a bit as well as have that raw aggression - now he just likes to run around and attempt to intimidate opponents in a hope they will back off and let him have an easy game. Once they figure him out he has no effect on the game.

31 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Well well Aberdeen fans all hot and bothered about a tackle.

Two words.

Neil Simpson.

:lol: 

You're about 14 years old, aren't you? 

17 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Bridcutt makes a rash challenge. 

Non intentional but reckless enough to warrant a sending off ?

Ref got it spot on in my opinion. 

Trying to figure out who the Aberdeen player is that should replace him ?

You cannot be serious. It was a horrific challenge. I'll be honest, I didn't think it was that bad on first viewing, but replay showed it to be a shocker. Straight red every day of the week in my opinion. On other day, they'd be rebuilding the Danish player's lower leg.

Doesn't even bear thinking about if those kind of tackles were a yellow at most. You wouldn't get me on a football field. What the f*** would constitute a red!?

21 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Bridcutt makes a rash challenge. 

Non intentional but reckless enough to warrant a sending off ?

Ref got it spot on in my opinion. 

Trying to figure out who the Aberdeen player is that should replace him ?

Tbh I'm amazed the ref let it go. When it comes to Serious Foul Play, the ref has a few things to consider. This one ticked every box imo. 

I thought he got the ball. Lucky to stay on the pitch, that's the kind of tackle you don't really need to make in a friendly, remember a guy called Ganea? Bridcutt should be getting an absolute roasting for that. He'd have been off in a competitive game. There's a time and a place for that kind of thing and we don't play them til November. ;)

18 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

You cannot be serious. It was a horrific challenge. I'll be honest, I didn't think it was that bad on first viewing, but replay showed it to be a shocker. Straight red every day of the week in my opinion. On other day, they'd be rebuilding the Danish player's lower leg.

Doesn't even bear thinking about if those kind of tackles were a yellow at most. You wouldn't get me on a football field. What the f*** would constitute a red!?

Totally understand that Sir, but I will stand by my comment made.

The ref had a clear unobstructed view and clearly thought the same as me. ( my view stated )

Considerations to be made towards the Danes falling over on occasions if someone farted near them ? Refs do get annoyed with this.

Let's be realistic, there has been MUCH worse challenges in recent and years gone by matches .

I appreciate your view and opinion but we clearly have different opinions on this matter. 

23 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

Tbh I'm amazed the ref let it go. When it comes to Serious Foul Play, the ref has a few things to consider. This one ticked every box imo. 

I can't speak for the ref Gus, but he clearly is an intelligent man as he has the same opinion as me :D

It wasn't the best challenge, but I don't think he meant any malice or intent. 

Terrible attempt at a challenge. Should have seen red. I would be up in arms if that was perpetrated against one of our lads.

Thing I want to know though is.... Was this thread started about the tackle or who made the tackle? I get the feeling it was the latter, which kind of detracts from the supposed outrage.

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

I can't speak for the ref Gus, but he clearly is an intelligent man as he has the same opinion as me :D

It wasn't the best challenge, but I don't think he meant any malice or intent. 

I actually agree with you with regards intent or malice mate, but that isn't relevant as to it being a red card or not. 

I appreciate that we can argue all day about what the laws 'should' be, but on current guidelines it just isn't even a debate for me. 

All about opinions though ;)