Liam Bridcutt - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Liam Bridcutt

Cove_Sheep

4 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

There's an element of truth in that.

There's really not. Im pretty sure the Danes went on to continue dominating the game and if it wasn't for pish finishing, could have had a couple of goals. The tone across entire second half was pretty consistent - Dane's dominated, we struggled to keep the ball, they fluffed every chance they got. There was no difference either side of the Bridcutt tackle.

I'd rather we controlled games by keeping the ball rather than almost breaking the oppositions legs as a kind of psychological fear-factor - the latter will only end in tears for the player's whose leg is in bits, or us when we start having players red carded and we are inevitably pumped because we tried to fight the opposition rather than play fitba.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, jock strap said:

Sviatchenko isn't too bothered about it according to Sky Sports reports.

Fair play on him, seems a decent lad :ok:

Actually meant to say that earlier. Seen his interview and he was very dignified in his response. As was Bridcutt tbf. 

2 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Well well Aberdeen fans all hot and bothered about a tackle.

Two words.

Neil Simpson.

Well said and its funny its only Aberdeen fans wanting Bridcutt out the team. Is this because they want McLean and Shinnie starting for Scotland just because in there eyes these 2 can do no wrong.  Folk need to take there club tinted specs off.  Bridcutt is a good midfielder to have in our squad, not saying he should be starting every game but great addition to out team

5 minutes ago, Geed said:

Well said and its funny its only Aberdeen fans wanting Bridcutt out the team. Is this because they want McLean and Shinnie starting for Scotland just because in there eyes these 2 can do no wrong.  Folk need to take there club tinted specs off.  Bridcutt is a good midfielder to have in our squad, not saying he should be starting every game but great addition to out team

Less of your club chat please. 

Banning him from the team isn't realistic at all, but I did think at the time that Strachan should have subbed him off right after that tackle.

There was more niggle in that game than your regular friendly, which is no bad thing. However, that tackle was absolutely shocking.

41 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

There's really not. Im pretty sure the Danes went on to continue dominating the game and if it wasn't for pish finishing, could have had a couple of goals. The tone across entire second half was pretty consistent - Dane's dominated, we struggled to keep the ball, they fluffed every chance they got. There was no difference either side of the Bridcutt tackle.

I'd rather we controlled games by keeping the ball rather than almost breaking the oppositions legs as a kind of psychological fear-factor - the latter will only end in tears for the player's whose leg is in bits, or us when we start having players red carded and we are inevitably pumped because we tried to fight the opposition rather than play fitba.

It was a shocker of a tackle and there's no place for it, but the Danes level did drop off after it.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Banging on about the Famous, do try and remember that we're all Scotland fans here.

Yes we are all Scotland fans but few Aberdeen fans on this forum have a bit of a problem with Shinnie not being picked and McLean not starting etc Also a few want Bridcutt out for one bad challenge for FFS would it be same if it was McLean that made the same challenge.  Anyway rant over.

Bridcutt is the epitome of a one-dimensional player, master of the sideways pass, cannot take a man on, cannot score from distance. Ok maybe some people think that is all that is required of a holding midfielder but we need someone with more to his game and are in big trouble if we are looking to Bridcutt. My Sunderland mates tell me he vied with Altidore as worst signing of recent seasons. I was disgusted to see him in the squad even before that horror "tackle". 

Dreadful tackle for sure, red card almost certainly should have been but some using as an excuse to get him out the squad just because he doesn't have ginger hair and eat haggis for breakfast is lame in the extreme.

Player of the year at Brighton prior to his Sunderland move and let's face it a few others have been turned into 'bad' players at that club, McFadden, fletcher and others. 

Deserves another chance in next friendlies imho 

erm.....one tackle and he's oot?! He plays again if he's on form and is the best option for the team (i.e. better in the required role than others). If not, he doesn't/shouldn't. Personal views on whether his eligibility is sufficient is an entirely separate issue and shouldn't come into it.

I didn't think it was that bad but in this day and age it wouldn't have been a surprise if he had been shown red. He got the ball and it wasn't high or studs up. 20 years ago it wouldn't have even been talked about.

20 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

What are you using to measure "Scottishness"?

:lol:

surely there's slightly more to it than place of birth?

If you read the first post you might understand what i am getting at. not getting into who,how and what makes you Scottish

20 hours ago, jock strap said:

I'm confused by this.

Are you saying they ARE Scottish or they are part time / fake / not Scottish as they both weren't born in Scotland ? 

i am saying both players use the rules to play for us and so do a lot of players.

When they put on the Scotland jersey i don't care where or how or why they get my full support

Any Leeds fans out there to tell us whether Bridcutt is generally considered a thug.  I haven't seen the tackle but there's an awful lot of debate about one challenge, I wouldn't necessarily want to be ending someone's international career over one moment of stupidity but I would be thinking about whether he is someone I can trust under pressure.

55 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Any Leeds fans out there to tell us whether Bridcutt is generally considered a thug.  I haven't seen the tackle but there's an awful lot of debate about one challenge, I wouldn't necessarily want to be ending someone's international career over one moment of stupidity but I would be thinking about whether he is someone I can trust under pressure.

He's one of our better players at the moment but that's out of a very poor bunch. He's not made a tackle like that since he's been at Elland Road. He was probably over keen to get himself noticed & picked again.