Standing - Page 2 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Standing

Grantyboy1983

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Langtonian said:

Your spot on DD

Maybe the stewards/polis need to start ejecting folk  that are intent on standing in an all seater stadium then maybe some will get message

Quick to throw smokers out

Are they?

If you went into the toilets at ht at the Poland game you could barely see for all the smoke. 

2 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Are they?

If you went into the toilets at ht at the Poland game you could barely see for all the smoke. 

I'll second that, the Poland game was the worst I've seen at HT. Not nice for a non smoker. 

But aye, I was standing during the game. ;)

Edited by rossh

if we have a breakaway or a decent through ball etc, nearly all the stadium stands up, how do kids see at this time? (This is a genuine question I'm not trying to be wide!). I would have thought this was the perfect reason to have a designated family section?

16 minutes ago, niallb said:

if we have a breakaway or a decent through ball etc, nearly all the stadium stands up, how do kids see at this time? (This is a genuine question I'm not trying to be wide!). I would have thought this was the perfect reason to have a designated family section?

:ok:Indeed.

33 minutes ago, niallb said:

Everyone would expect to have a smaller persons view blocked at times,that's natural. 

Ignorantally blocking someone's view because you can't follow the stadium regulations however,is not. 

9 hours ago, dandydunn said:

As I say,my sons safety is my priority,I won't let anything ruin his day,and I certainly won't be moving stands to allow arrogant people to have their own way. 

If you're going to sit in the north or west stand and try to make those around you sit down, sooner or later you'll end up in a fight with some drunk idiot.

You may well be in the right, but it's not going to add anything to you or your boys matchday experience.

It seems kind of accepted that folk stand in some areas. Personally I'd avoid those sections with young kids.

Can see your point that you shouldn't have to, but I wouldn't want the stress myself.

(if I've had kids or small people sit behind me, I do my best not to block their view, but not at the expense of not being able to see myself...)

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Ignorantally blocking someone's view because you can't follow the stadium regulations however,is not. 

So your automatically going to blame whoever is in front of you, what about all the people in front of him standing?  

When I start taking my kids it'll be south or east stand because I have the common sense to realise they won't see from the north or west. It's pretty simple. 

12 minutes ago, goodguy said:

So your automatically going to blame whoever is in front of you, what about all the people in front of him standing?  

When I start taking my kids it'll be south or east stand because I have the common sense to realise they won't see from the north or west. It's pretty simple. 

They're not my problem.

People 2 or 3 rows ahead of me won't restrict our view.

That's up to the people in front to sort out,common sense would tell you that. 

12 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

They're not my problem.

Good luck with your constant battle at every match you attend then. Maybe your kid would prefer to just sit and watch the game where everyone else around you is sitting as well, rather than listen to his old man arguing with all and sundry, determined to prove a point.

57 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Good luck with your constant battle at every match you attend then. Maybe your kid would prefer to just sit and watch the game where everyone else around you is sitting as well, rather than listen to his old man arguing with all and sundry, determined to prove a point.

I won't be arguing with anyone. 

Thats maybe how you behave at football,not me,each to their own though. 

Ill politely ask them to sit down,I dunno what your experiences are like,but not everyone that goes is a drunken arsehole. 

That however,maybe says a lot more about the people you surround yourself with and how you behave more than anything. 

I generallly find if someone sees that they are blocking a child's view,they tend to be a bit more understanding. 

Maybe ive just gotten lucky at all his home and away games though. 

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They're not my problem.

Pretty selfish attitude. The person in front should sit down and not see anything so that you can. Common sense will tell you that you're on to plums. 

I can see it now, everyone politely asking everyone in front of them to sit down :lol:

Edited by goodguy

19 minutes ago, goodguy said:

Pretty selfish attitude. The person in front should sit down and not see anything so that you can. Common sense will tell you that you're on to plums. 

I can see it now, everyone politely asking everyone in front of them to sit down :lol:

I'm not gonna lie.

I have absolutely no idea what that means,try again. 

Edited by dandydunn

5 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I won't be arguing with anyone. 

Thats maybe how you behave at football,not me,each to their own though. 

Ill politely ask them to sit down,I dunno what your experiences are like,but not everyone that goes is a drunken arsehole. 

That however,maybe says a lot more about the people you surround yourself with and how you behave more than anything. 

I generallly find if someone sees that they are blocking a child's view,they tend to be a bit more understanding. 

Maybe ive just gotten lucky at all his home and away games though. 

If everyone around me is sitting at a game, I will do likewise. From memory, this was the case at both recent friendlies at Easter road, both games at Pittodrie over the last few seasons and at Ibrox for the Georgia game.

But if I am in the North stand at Hampden and everyone else is on their feet, EVERY GAME, then that is how I will take the game in.

I must be very lucky as I have not seen a single incident in all the games I have been to where there was an argument involving people standing. I think most folk know the score and realise that if they want to sit and enjoy an uninterrupted view of the game with their kids, then the East or South stands are the best bet.

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I'm not gonna lie.

I have absolutely no idea what that means,try again. 

Translation: nae chance, not going to happen, naw. 

To to be honest, I'd just offer to swap seats with you to remove myself from your view. 

18 minutes ago, goodguy said:

Translation: nae chance, not going to happen, naw. 

To to be honest, I'd just offer to swap seats with you to remove myself from your view. 

You would be wrong. He has never struggled yet. 

Even had people offering him up on their seat next to him,to see better,but politely declined. 

delighted that they've opened up the sale of kids tickets throughout the ground.
for the past four or five campaigns I've taken my kids (now 16 and 13) to the North stand so they could be with my mates. i've had to pay adult prices for their tickets.  went once to the family section in the East stand and didn't really enjoy it (me or the kids).  so it's better that they can get kids priced tickets throughout the stadium now.
no problem with everyone standing in the North stand - the kids just stand on the seats if they cannae see.  South stand is for sitting.
I do wonder what all the sitters would have done 20 years ago when it was terraces.  probably have followed rugby is my guess.

There should be standing areas.  Standing creates a better atmosphere, I prefer to stand and I stand in West Stand and i make no apologies for it.  My mate takes his 6 year old and never any problem just the usual moaning old woman brigade who can't help but pick up on something to moan about, to them try something.....try just being happy and not moaning, life is no too bad :) !

1 hour ago, GLOSTA said:

for 12 years I have taken our 4 boys to the family section, in part as it was cheaper but also because they could get a good view. Now they are grown up and tall enough to see it's the West.

Fvck me. 

4 boys? You must've loved it when they wanted the new kit every summer :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

End of the day this one really isn't difficult - If you're standing, you're in the wrong. end of story.

I can see the "I'll stand if I want" brigade ending up creating their own downfall...I reckon one day they'll get that little bit too bolshy about their "right" to stand, be aggressive to that one person who asks them to sit down too many, or generally attract that little bit too much attention to themselves with their belligerent behaviour....

and before the next match, The Match Commander will issue the instruction "anyone standing is to be ejected. no exceptions" and however many that it takes to get the message across will be chucked out.....

Everyone should sit down at Hampden!

The 70s and 80s were a nightmare when everyone stood and the atmosphere was probably the best in the world...

I much prefer Hampden nowadays.. Half empty and everyone sitting down. No singing or swearing.. It's 100 times better! ?