Hospitality for Scotland game - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hospitality for Scotland game

iainmac1

I can highly recommend it - have done it twice, and was a brilliant day each time.  Get there about 2h 30 before k/o as I recall.  Food surprisingly good and beer and wine flowing liberally.  Waiter appointed to your table to look after you all day.  Great service, friendly and very efficient.  Pie and a cup of tea or coffee at half time.  An hour or so of the free bar afterwards for another couple of beers whilst the crowds die down outside.  Programme, team sheet etc.  They used to have a little kiosk taking bets as well wi coupons on the table but don't know if that's still going!

Obviously you can't turn up in jeans, trainers and a fitba top, but it isn't too formal or stuffy either.  No jacket or tie required, nothing like that.  A normal shirt, trousers, pair of shoes. 

Only drawback is that although seats are obviously very good, the atmosphere sitting in the South Stand just isn't the same, so I would not do it for a big game with an intense atmosphere like Ireland, Germany, Poland etc.  But for a Gibraltar or Lithuania, excellent. A really good day for a special occasion. 

13 hours ago, Fish Gills Mcginty said:

My old mans 60th this year too, I like this idea, how far in advance do the packages go on sale? 

Same but mine doesnt drink anymore so may be wasted a bit on him.

18 hours ago, Chesney Hawkes TA said:

Taking your dad to a Scotland-Lithuania game for his 60th birthday.  I hope whatever you're getting him back for wasn't too serious.

If you've got any better ideas I'm all ears!

He'd go to the game anyway, bit of hospitality, decent hotel for the evening. sounds arite to me.

On Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 11:51 AM, Fish Gills Mcginty said:

My old mans 60th this year too, I like this idea, how far in advance do the packages go on sale? 

Think it will be a while yet. I'll keep an eye out and will post up when it's avaliable. 

6 hours ago, Fish Gills Mcginty said:

If you've got any better ideas I'm all ears!

He'd go to the game anyway, bit of hospitality, decent hotel for the evening. sounds arite to me.

Well if you're stuck on going to a game then maybe go to a match he wouldn't normally go to?  Between two good teams at somewhere that's not an appalling place to watch football.