Camping ideas - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

30 minutes ago, G-Man said:

Angus, the children are 2 and other will be born in June! They have there own tent and I thought maybe the pool would be good for the 2 year old. To be honest I don't think they'll be up for camping in August but as I say, she's scary so I'm not saying that to her.  :mellow: 

Potted heid,  best memory of Blair Atholl is watching the salmon swimming upriver to spawn. That in itself was amazing but as a few spectators were walking away from the river 2 guys were walking down to it carrying fishing rods, the muttered abuse they received amused me no end. 

Mindi, I've spoken to a few people recently who've admitted to eating spat out chewing gum. Nice to know there's more than one manky bam around. :blink: So between Phart's poo, my tick, your slater and the gum picker uppers I think we could start a club and we could be on board of directors. HQ in Panama. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, Angus_Young said:

Feck camping with Bairns that age. A night or two in a tent with the two year old, fair enough but a newborn? Wouldn't be me anyway. 

my wee fella spend 6 weeks with us in a campervan (the very one in my avatar)  when he was 6 weeks old..  we also had his big sister who was 18 mnths.  The wee one was easy peasy as he was just papped on the pap and fell asleep. 

Camping with bairns is the easiest holiday in the world...  

we have 3 now and spend at least 8-10 weeks a year in a campervan... Slightly bigger than the avatar

1 hour ago, stocky said:

my wee fella spend 6 weeks with us in a campervan (the very one in my avatar)  when he was 6 weeks old..  we also had his big sister who was 18 mnths.  The wee one was easy peasy as he was just papped on the pap and fell asleep. 

Camping with bairns is the easiest holiday in the world...  

we have 3 now and spend at least 8-10 weeks a year in a campervan... Slightly bigger than the avatar

Was that was out of necessity? 

Anyway, I like campsites and holiday parks, but it would always be in a caravan whilst the wee one is really young. And I was specifically talking about tents, I could just about handle a campervan I think, although defenitely wouldn't be my first choice. 

Edited by Angus_Young

2 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Feck camping with Bairns that age. A night or two in a tent with the two year old, fair enough but a newborn? Wouldn't be me anyway. 

I agree with you but I've met lots of families when I've been camping, two of whom had newborns! Stocky I think a camper van is a bit better, cooking or even just boiling kettle indoors, proper roof over your head and suchlike. Everyone to their own though and the families I met weren't only having great holidays but were lovely company too. 

8 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I agree with you but I've met lots of families when I've been camping, two of whom had newborns! Stocky I think a camper van is a bit better, cooking or even just boiling kettle indoors, proper roof over your head and suchlike. Everyone to their own though and the families I met weren't only having great holidays but were lovely company too. 

Aye mate, fair play. If people are enjoying themselves then who am I to say anything.  Just wouldn't do it myself is all. 

Edited by Angus_Young

Again, I agree with you and for that reason, even though you've not admitted to eating used chewing gum or biting into excrement or creepie crawlies, you can join the board of our Minging Club, HQ in Panama.  :spin:

9 hours ago, Angus_Young said:

Was that was out of necessity? 

Anyway, I like campsites and holiday parks, but it would always be in a caravan whilst the wee one is really young. And I was specifically talking about tents, I could just about handle a campervan I think, although defenitely wouldn't be my first choice. 

Not out of necessity no, It was choice. Tents would be different I think, 

Wife was on Maternity I had 8 weeks off , so we drove to La Manga for 6 weeks Holiday .

Although there was 2 ft of snow the night we camped in Madrid  on the way back.

We bought a campervan when we realised Bairns were on the way, never regreted it, if its raining where we are, we just move to where its not

We thought it would be a lot easier than coping with airports and planes etc 

Plus we can go 20 miles up the road to a campsite at Loch Lomoind and they think they are away on a big holiday the freedom you get is wonderful .

Each to there own tho:ok:

57 minutes ago, stocky said:

Not out of necessity no, It was choice. Tents would be different I think, 

Wife was on Maternity I had 8 weeks off , so we drove to La Manga for 6 weeks Holiday .

Although there was 2 ft of snow the night we camped in Madrid  on the way back.

We bought a campervan when we realised Bairns were on the way, never regreted it, if its raining where we are, we just move to where its not

We thought it would be a lot easier than coping with airports and planes etc 

Plus we can go 20 miles up the road to a campsite at Loch Lomoind and they think they are away on a big holiday the freedom you get is wonderful .

Each to there own tho:ok:

Ha fair enough bud, I only asked as it was an unusual amount of time away.  I had about 6 weeks off myself, when my wee one was born, but I think the grannies would have killed us if we had buggered off. :)

That's got to be a huge plus point with the campervan I suppose and I must admit I do like the idea of driving anywhere you fancy and to different places. I think possibly the cramped space puts me off, although granted I have little experience of actually doing it.  

We will be negotiating a flight to Portugal in September (wee girl will be 20 months) so see how that goes. So far it's been caravans in the UK, And my partner is a bit apprehensive about the airport. After it taking us 15 hours to get home from Cornwall last year I managed to sway her :)

On 01/04/2016 at 2:01 PM, ibelieve!!! said:

Just bought a new family tent and looking at ideas for a campsite in the summer. Looking for somewhere around Stirling, most central place to stay, or maybe near Loch Lomond. The tent is pretty big so wanting somewhere where we can pitch and stay for 5-7 days.

Ideally have electric hook up and good toilet/shower facilities.

Its not camping if yoh have an electrical hook up, may aswell just get a caravan. 

Go wild canping, far more enjoyable.