Faissal El Bakhtaoui - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Faissal El Bakhtaoui

Just seen his SPFL nomination for goal of the month. I haven't seen much of him but what I have I really like. Looks a very exciting player. I would love to see Celtic take a punt on him.

Anyone have a wee bit more insight into him? Obviously no one beat a path to his door in January for a reason.

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

Just seen his SPFL nomination for goal of the month. I haven't seen much of him but what I have I really like. Looks a very exciting player. I would love to see Celtic take a punt on him.

Anyone have a wee bit more insight into him? Obviously no one beat a path to his door in January for a reason.

My gaffer watches Dunfermline every week and positively raves about him, to the Point he has pretty much resigned himself to the fact he will move on in the summer. 

Have to say it's only positive things I've seen from match reports and brief highlights. Apparently Hibs were/are interested in him. 

15 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

In the paper today that Fleetwood town are looking at him.

Aberdeen and Motherwell credited with an interest too. Bizarrely one report claimed Fleetwood had the means to blow anything Dunfermline, Motherwell or Aberdeen out the water. Fleetwood attract around 3k to home games ????

14 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Aberdeen and Motherwell credited with an interest too. Bizarrely one report claimed Fleetwood had the means to blow anything Dunfermline, Motherwell or Aberdeen out the water. Fleetwood attract around 3k to home games ????

I could believe that m8. The money swashing about even in the lower leagues in England is unbelievable. It's hard to make players look at the bigger picture when one injury could finish your career.

Edited by slasher

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I could believe that m8. The money swashing about even in the lower leagues is unbelievable. It's hard to make players look at the bigger picture when one injury could finish your career.

There is no way a club battling to stay in League 1 on gates of 3k can sustain out bidding clubs with almost 5 times the average crowd. 

I know its a league up but Bolton approaching £200m debt and Blackburn over £100m suggests that a lot of it is built on sand. 

7 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

There is no way a club battling to stay in League 1 on gates of 3k can sustain out bidding clubs with almost 5 times the average crowd. 

I know its a league up but Bolton approaching £200m debt and Blackburn over £100m suggests that a lot of it is built on sand. 

Yip, if i had a penny for every time I've heard someone up here say 'the gravy train has to end sometime.'

Still no sign of it though and meantime our clubs can't compete for even average players. That's why you have to snap up talent early, be imaginative and make good use of the loan system.

El Bakhtaoui may end up being one that slips away.

38 minutes ago, AberdeenAngus said:

They did it last season with Declan McManus.

Just back from a match at Fleetwood. Its a really small set-up in a small town full of numpties.  It is utterly depressing if players are picking to play there instead of the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell. 

Edited by PASTA Mick

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Just back from a match at Fleetwood. Its a really small set-up in a small town full of numpties.  It is utterly depressing if players are picking to play there instead of the likes of Hibs, Aberdeen and Motherwell. 

It's all about the money m8. Sure some people's very principles are for sale these days.

7 minutes ago, deecie said:

Yeh - he's doing the exact same job with a massive pay rise.

Exactly. You can sell the history, passion of Motherwell, Aberdeen....champions league glory nights of Celtics past all you like. It's all about the bottom line.

32 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

I take it you've never been to Motherwell?

58 minutes ago, slasher said:

Exactly. You can sell the history, passion of Motherwell, Aberdeen....champions league glory nights of Celtics past all you like. It's all about the bottom line.

He's gone from Morton to Morton.

2 hours ago, AberdeenAngus said:

Suppose it's the same as when we were outbid by Boston Utd for Derek Lilley.

Off topic but my decision to (probably) not get a season ticket next year looks even more justified when you see some of the dodgers they have in the advert for them. :P

24 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Suppose it's the same as when we were outbid by Boston Utd for Derek Lilley.

Off topic but my decision to (probably) not get a season ticket next year looks even more justified when you see some of the dodgers they have in the advert for them. :P

However, we then outbid Boston for Scott Severin.