Rangers 2015/16 championship champions - Page 9 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rangers 2015/16 championship champions

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Louch said:

So the premiership teams fans greeting about us coming up, haven't heard many complaints from the lower leagues fans about sharing leagues with rangers. Been far more fun watching than beating Aberdeen and kille 4 games a a season each year for nigh on 20 years on repeat. 4 years of going on and on about a team you keep claiming died , but yet you will drone on about them. God life must be boring for you.

Bunch of grown men acting like teenagers saying they hate their ex, but checking their fb and instagram each day to mke sure their new life without them isn't better than what they had. 

Cant their just be aberdeen thread on here for all wee team shite, and let the grown ups talk about the big teams without fear of interference? 

:lol: You should post more often Mr Louch. 

I think the most frustrating thing for me is the fact that some have already made their minds up that next season we will revert back to the bullish billy boys of yesteryear, despite the fact that (with some minor, yet notable, exceptions), our fans only want to watch our team play football again. I'm not naive enough to suggest that whilst serving our penance in the lower leagues, all our fans have suddenly become reformed characters but it's a combination of the assumption that we're all up for a sash bash all the time and that therefore we are unwelcome in the top division that's particularly galling. Some of us (most of us) behave well, attend matches to watch a decent team on the pitch, have a pie and then go home again. I find it insulting and disappointing that by having that attitude, my team is somehow not welcome in the Premier division.

This is one of the few, if not the only leagues in the world that would consider sell-out away attendances in their grounds, thereby bringing in much needed revenue for subsequent investment and improvement in their own clubs and internationally, as unwelcome. Rivalry is great however Scottish football is immersed in hatred and it's, frankly, pathetic.

29 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

despite the fact that (with some minor, yet notable, exceptions), our fans only want to watch our team play football again. 

That contradiction pretty much says everything. It's the same fans as before even if the team is different.

Once they are back in the top flight the songs and behaviour will be exactly the same as before.

20 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

That contradiction pretty much says everything. It's the same fans as before even if the team is different.

Once they are back in the top flight the songs and behaviour will be exactly the same as before.

"As before"... when? The mid-90s when it was admittedly very bad indeed or more recent years when significant improvements have been made? Still far from perfect, but miles better than it used to be, to the point where Ibrox is more akin to a morgue in recent times. Another push needs to be made by the board and the authorities to make further improvements still.

21 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

"As before"... when? The mid-90s when it was admittedly very bad indeed or more recent years when significant improvements have been made? Still far from perfect, but miles better than it used to be, to the point where Ibrox is more akin to a morgue in recent times. Another push needs to be made by the board and the authorities to make further improvements still.

Your frustration should be about the fans in your own support who continue to behave in a manner which you, yourself find unacceptable. No point in getting annoyed with opposition fans on the internet who are mainly just trying to wind you up. You will get the last laugh on them when you win your 55th league title.

33 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Your frustration should be about the fans in your own support who continue to behave in a manner which you, yourself find unacceptable. No point in getting annoyed with opposition fans on the internet who are mainly just trying to wind you up. You will get the last laugh on them when you win your 55th league title.

Good God man, you'll cause a riot. 

1 hour ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I'll reserve judgement but one of the few Rangers games I've watched in the past 15 months was your semi vs Celtic last year. Which was 90 minutes from the vast majority of the 25,000, of the greatest hits of the biggest bigots Rangers have. Maybe it was a one off, maybe it won't return next season. I guess this coming Sunday will be a good barometer. 

If I was a betting man I'd guess that the first few games of the season will see a return of some kind of the "party songs" part in defiance and part in bravado and it will then slowly peter out to the current levels where (certainly at Ibrox anyway) there is hardly any singing at all never-mind anything of a sectarian/bigoted nature. 

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

If I was a betting man I'd guess that the first few games of the season will see a return of some kind of the "party songs" part in defiance and part in bravado and it will then slowly peter out to the current levels where (certainly at Ibrox anyway) there is hardly any singing at all never-mind anything of a sectarian/bigoted nature. 

I think this is the problem, that "the minority" have a default mode of bigotry, be that in defiance, bravado or whatever?

Speaking to Rangers fans I know, and reading between the lines slightly, I suspect they would join in, but for the fear of getting caught on camera or singled out, because they have responsible jobs.

The knuckle draggers and the young team don't have that worry, so feel they have little to lose. (This in part refers to all fans of all teams.) 

17 minutes ago, jailender said:

On the BBC website Wattie has been pontificating again about the mistreatment of Rangers. I thought he would have let it lie by now.

aye talking a right lot of bollo*ks as well the stupid old sod - bitter and classless to the end - slotting in with the other lot as the two cheeks of the same ar*e reunited.

25 minutes ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I think we all know that, unfortunately, Sunday's game against Celtic will not be a good barometer of how our fans may behave next season.

Oh well. 

1 hour ago, jailender said:

On the BBC website Wattie has been pontificating again about the mistreatment of Rangers. I thought he would have let it lie by now.

I'd like to have a wee word with "Sir Walter" about the way he treated Scotland, ditching us mid campaign and thereafter pulling out his Rangers players from our friendly matches left right and centre. 

3 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

I think the most frustrating thing for me is the fact that some have already made their minds up that next season we will revert back to the bullish billy boys of yesteryear, despite the fact that (with some minor, yet notable, exceptions), our fans only want to watch our team play football again. I'm not naive enough to suggest that whilst serving our penance in the lower leagues, all our fans have suddenly become reformed characters but it's a combination of the assumption that we're all up for a sash bash all the time and that therefore we are unwelcome in the top division that's particularly galling. Some of us (most of us) behave well, attend matches to watch a decent team on the pitch, have a pie and then go home again. I find it insulting and disappointing that by having that attitude, my team is somehow not welcome in the Premier division.

This is one of the few, if not the only leagues in the world that would consider sell-out away attendances in their grounds, thereby bringing in much needed revenue for subsequent investment and improvement in their own clubs and internationally, as unwelcome. Rivalry is great however Scottish football is immersed in hatred and it's, frankly, pathetic.

You need to remember the we (the people) are all sub-human bigots and that's how we always behave.

10 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

You need to remember the we (the people) are all sub-human bigots and that's how we always behave.

Don't worry, the first step is always the hardest. You'll find it much easier from here on in.