Panama papers - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Panama papers

6 hours ago, joe545 said:

Both Sweden and Norway had completely open tax returns but they have been gradually restricting it. Now you need to identify yourself to see a tax return and the person in question will receive a letter outlining who has seen their return.

Would this not allow people to gauge people's salaries? Don't know if I'd be happy with people knowing how much I earn, though it would solve the greater issue if tax avoidance. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Coldo said:

Would this not allow people to gauge people's salaries? Don't know if I'd be happy with people knowing how much I earn, though it would solve the greater issue if tax avoidance. 

Why would you want to hide what you earn?

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Why would you want to hide what you earn?

because its a private contract between you and you're employer 

do you want folk bitching in your office just because you are better at negotiating pay rises than peer group

people also react to peoples income/wealth and treat them differently 

even if you are employer you don't want people knowing what each other earn - companies write this in contract not to discuss salaries 

fair enough taxman knows, but dont see why folk just being nosey should have access 

8 hours ago, Coldo said:

6 hours ago, euan2020 said:

because its a private contract between you and you're employer 

do you want folk bitching in your office just because you are better at negotiating pay rises than peer group

people also react to peoples income/wealth and treat them differently 

even if you are employer you don't want people knowing what each other earn - companies write this in contract not to discuss salaries 

fair enough taxman knows, but dont see why folk just being nosey should have access 

Because they've bought into the capitalist illusion that they are special and better than there fellow employees and by negotiating a personal contract with their employers they can fck over their workmates.Meanwhile their employers are pissing themselves laughing at their naivety.

26 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just for once, I'm starting to think that this story might not go away as soon as the Tories would like it to?

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/2016/04/09/hey-bbc-did-you-know-thousands-of-people-are-demonstrating-against-tax-dodger-cameron-right-now-resigndavidcameron/

ffs. What's the problem. They've shuffled some money about to minimise the tax payable. they've not done anything illegal. just the same as taking government advice to invest in  ISA's or take  part of you pension tax free. It's capitalism, the rules made by the rich for the rich to keep them rich. I'm sorry but how old are you peeps, is this really a surprise to you?

Edited by Eisegerwind
erronous i

4 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

ffs. What's the problem. They've shuffled some money about to minimise the tax payable. they've not done anything illegal. just the same as taking government advice to invest in  ISA's or take  part of you pension tax free. It's capitalism, the rules made by the rich for the rich to keep them rich. I'm sorry but how old are you peeps, is this really a surprise to you?

You should probably read up on Cameron's previous comments on such practices, his letter to EU colleagues on how such trusts should not be looked at closer and then perhaps the evasive and dishonest responses No 10 initially offered in response to this as it broke. 

5 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Because the very same people, who are now in the frame, were campaigning against tax avoidance and hounding people like Jimmy Carr until they paid their tax. 

It is called hypocrisy. 

Edited by antidote

15 hours ago, Coldo said:

Absolutely it would. Was an amazing tool for anyone in the early stages of their career to be able to gauge how much of a salary was reasonable to ask for. Especially seeing as job adverts don't mention salary ranges here.

Company accounts (even private ones) are still open and anonymous here though.

12 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I

2 hours ago, joe545 said:

Absolutely it would. Was an amazing tool for anyone in the early stages of their career to be able to gauge how much of a salary was reasonable to ask for. Especially seeing as job adverts don't mention salary ranges here.

Company accounts (even private ones) are still open and anonymous here though.

you alrready have that tool - i know the geographic salaries for the type of job i have with the different years of experience and the geogrpahic work areas's

9 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

Because they've bought into the capitalist illusion that they are special and better than there fellow employees and by negotiating a personal contract with their employers they can fck over their workmates.Meanwhile their employers are pissing themselves laughing at their naivety.

maybe they  are - some employees are lazy  kunts or only roll up on a tuesday because been out on piss on a Sunday night

all fellow employees are not equal - nothing capitalist about it - some folk basically dont do the same job and dont have same experience or more importantly same application 

10 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

His mum transferred £200k into his account to avoid paying £80k inheritance tax ? Funnily enough i dont remember him mentioning that little fact when he was slagging off  Jeremy Corbyn's attire during the wistful memories of his mum always telling him to wear a smart suit and do up his tie. 80 grand in squirrelled tax could buy a few Saville Row suits. Clothes maketh the man indeed.

The excuse now being made regarding the IHT is that what he did is available to everyone.

"It's not tax avoidance is tax arrangement"

The thing is - these procedures are not available to everyone as the vast majority of us will ever have any need for them

10 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The excuse now being made regarding the IHT is that what he did is available to everyone.

The thing is - these procedures are not available to everyone as the vast majority of us will ever have any need for them

I suppose you could also use that term to describe those who dont want to work. 

" its not work avoidance its work re-arrangement ''

10 hours ago, Eisegerwind said:

The fact that they are using loopholes, which they have created themselves, to avoid paying tax is not a surprise. I don't think anybody on here is saying that it is.

I'm starting to think that some powerful Tories are trying to get rid of Cameron before he wants to go. I wonder where Boris and Gideon have got their millions stashed away? I bet there is a whole load of paperwork getting "sorted out" this weekend.

Edited by Orraloon

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I suppose you could also use that term to describe those who dont want to work. 

" its not work avoidance its work re-arrangement ''

Didn't take long for a thread about millionaires avoiding tax to mention people avoiding work. 

Anyway this all seems to convient, there's likely some very powerful people behind this leak with an agenda to point the figure at people earning less than them 

9 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Didn't take long for a thread about millionaires avoiding tax to mention people avoiding work. 

Anyway this all seems to convient, there's likely some very powerful people behind this leak with an agenda to point the figure at people earning less than them 

I think you may have misinterpreted my post. I was actually ridiculing the statement they are making . The Tories are constantly greetin about the work shy and 'something for nothing  ' brigade. I was highlighting that it was just as easy to twist their statement about tax to excuse the people THEY accuse. I may not have made that clear.  My personal feeling towards the unemployed could not be further from that.

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm all for people using tax avoidance/arrangement schemes, I'm just opposed to people who we pay the wages of and who preach that we shouldn't tax evade etc.

On inheritance tax, if you have earned it while you're living and it has been taxed at source, I don't see why tax should have to be paid again.

5 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I'm starting to think that some powerful Tories are trying to get rid of Cameron before he wants to go. I wonder where Boris and Gideon have got their millions stashed away? I bet there is a whole load of paperwork getting "sorted out" this weekend.

That is exactly what is happening....