Panama papers - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Panama papers

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, phart said:

They should release the Panama Papers, 

Aye, that would be good. I think (and I'm hope somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) the data is now in the control of a media group who are in turn probably controlled by some wealthy organisations. They will probably be very selective about which parts of the information is released to the public.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, that would be good. I think (and I'm hope somebody will correct me if I'm wrong) the data is now in the control of a media group who are in turn probably controlled by some wealthy organisations. They will probably be very selective about which parts of the information is released to the public.

I don't think Putin is mentioned once in the papers yet he was the headline when it broke. Now Putin is dodgy as feck so I don't doubt he is enriching himself (killing rivals etc), however i also don't doubt everyone else is either. The information shouldn't be controlled it should be out there.

2 hours ago, phart said:

I don't think Putin is mentioned once in the papers yet he was the headline when it broke. Now Putin is dodgy as feck so I don't doubt he is enriching himself (killing rivals etc), however i also don't doubt everyone else is either. The information shouldn't be controlled it should be out there.

I also get the feeling that Dodgy Dave is being set up. They have released just enough information for the public to realise that he is a wee bit dodgy. They will have loads of other information which can be used as and when they need to. He must have millions stashed away somewhere. Maybe not all in Panama though.

• 5 years later...
11 minutes ago, phart said:

Another set coming out now "pandora" this time.

Not sure I have the mental stamina to go through this again and care so much, considering what happened the last 3 times, essentially nothing.

Tony Blair dodged £300k of stamp duty and Tory donors are corrupt seem to be the highlights so far.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

Tony Blair dodged £300k of stamp duty and Tory donors are corrupt seem to be the highlights so far.

Guardian going all holier than thou on it and criticising Tony Blair for setting up his offshore company to avoid stamp duty then being found to have used the same tactic themselves is suitably on brand for the 2020's: